Media Director (Platform)
Platform Media Group Overview:
The rise of technology platforms has given way to programmatic, data-driven media buying. Hill Holliday has built out a team dedicated to this programmatic approach whose expertise spans search, social, display, mobile and video. The role of this team is to understand the landscape of technology platforms, how to use them, and then successfully apply them to the strategy and execution of client programs.
Hill Holliday is seeking a Platform AMD to oversee the digital strategy, self-service operations and yield optimization of client programs. In this critical role, the Platform Media Manager will manage a portfolio of campaigns across multiple client accounts. The Platform AMD will work with leading Clients, Account, Media, and Creative teams, as well as with our platform technology partners. This person should not only have strong analytical skills, but also have strong problem-solving skills in dealing with new challenges as they arise. The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for the digital media space and entrepreneurship – is a self-directed, self-starter, and an out-of-the-box thinker.
As a Media Director - Platform, you will be responsible for:
- Lead digital media strategy through execution for top clients in the space
- Lead design and implementation of best-in-class digital media campaigns rooted in digital technologies
- Management and operation of digital media buying technologies such as DSPs, Paid Social, Paid Search platforms
- Develop and lead strong partnerships with platform technology companies, seeking out new opportunities to augment client initiatives
- Management of a team of 3-5 Platform Specialists & Assistants
- Partner and collaborate with internal teams to ensure adherence to best practices, timelines and business objectives for the client to ensure a successful campaign in market
- Provide strategic leadership, input and feedback to campaign set-up and design
- Facilitate and steward advanced optimization strategy to push the boundaries for current campaigns in markets and align with the client’s business goals
- Contribute to improvements in processes, both technical and business
- Maintain an advanced knowledge of the media and data marketplace
- Ability to manage multiple, diverse team members and support them in their development of goals.
- Encourages and facilitates learning and growth of others.
- Takes accountability and drives the team to do their best work.
- Ability to own a room during a presentation.
- Ability to manage up, down and across multiple practice/discipline groups.
- Can lead on-boarding, training and development for junior team members and other teams.
- Can lead meetings with confidence.
- Key driver in ensuring cross department and team collaboration.
- Can flex between acting as a manager, a collaborator and a mentor
- Strive to positively influence peer group and cross functional team members.
- Creates opportunities for junior team members to get involved in projects, events and offerings that will help them stretch and grow.
Accountability for Results
- Understands complete scope and team responsibilities and manages hours and resources to get work done.
- Experience developing and communicating ingenious strategies in how the team meets goals and delivers work.
- Ensures team members take accountability for on-time and on budget quality execution.
- Ability to provide leadership to the team and is a responsible steward of deliverables.
- 6 -10 years of professional experience; marketing or advertising experience desired
- Advanced understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem including programmatic channels
- Advanced understanding of the supply and data ecosystems and the appropriate application of each within campaigns
- Fluent in MS Excel and PowerPoint usage