Sr. Project Manager
Sr. Project Manager
HighPoint focuses exclusively on helping government agencies and companies implement their most critically strategic initiatives. The role of Sr. Project Manager contributes to HighPoint by managing high risk, high reward, high visibility projects with leadership and utilizing proven project management experience.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS:
- Mastery knowledge of standard project management processes via PMI and/or Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with project management tools like MS Project, MS SharePoint, Jira, and Confluence.
- Ability to build effective delivery-focused teams.
- Ability to meet deadlines with supporting client SOW-required reporting.
- Ability to lead complex projects with matrixed teams.
- Provide exemplary leadership to project team members, stakeholders, sponsors, and project management peers by creating a productive and engaged team culture, mentoring others in project management practices, leading process improvement, and being accountable to leadership and the client.
- Lead assigned projects to completion by preparing, implementing, monitoring, and updating the project plan.
- Recognize risk and solve project issues through Risk and Issue Management.
- Develop and execute project communication plans to direct project objectives with all stakeholders and provide project executive status.
- Develop and execute project budgets including resource allocation, vendor management, and project budget change control.
- Define and document project goals, requirements and priorities with management and/or project sponsors. Control and monitor project scope through project close-out.
- Manage and communicate a clear vision of the project objectives to all stakeholders.
- Mentor project management staff on best practices in line with industry standards such as CMMI, PMI, and ITIL.
- Manage high-profile, high-risk/high-reward, enterprise level projects.
- Assist in program management and portfolio management.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university in Business, Organizational Design, or related field and at least 5-10 years related experience, plus relevant certification such as Certified Associate Project Manager (CAPM), Project Manager Professional (PMP), Agile, or Six Sigma; or equivalent combination of education, certification, and experience.
- Master’s degree in Business, Organizational Design, or related field preferred.
HighPoint is a growth-oriented firm that provides a unique, differentiated employee culture relative to our Federal market peers. We leverage this growth-oriented and employee-focused culture to attract and retain a higher grade of talent than our peers to be an employer of choice.
HighPoint helps government agencies elevate the citizen experience (CX) by improving the touchpoints through which citizens interact with government. We were founded in 2006 by Ben Lanius with the spirit of transforming how agencies connect with and empower citizens to deliver on mission-critical objectives.
At HighPoint, our focus is on delivering results that matter. We support and modernize our federal customer’s mission critical systems and functions. Agility is at our core: it is the mantra that drives us to succeed. We work quickly, analytically and deliver on agency priorities.
HighPoint is privately held with 300 passionate employees across offices and locations in Indianapolis, Indiana; Baltimore, Maryland; and Herndon, Virginia.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or veteran status.
HighPoint Digital, Inc. will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with HighPoint’s legal duty to furnish information.