Software QA Engineer
RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT, DEDICATED TEAM, & GROWING COMPANY
What You’ll Do:
HelpSystems is looking for an experienced software QA Engineer who will be responsible for testing of client-server based applications and Windows computer software:
- Write test plans and test cases throughout the development life cycle;
- Ensure test plans thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Work closely with software developers to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds;
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results;
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines.
- BS in Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 5 years of experience as a QA Engineer with solid progression in responsibility;
- Working knowledge of Windows Server and Desktop environments;
- Solid knowledge of the quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;
- Experience working in Agile scrum teams and with exploratory testing and test sessions;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communications skills;
- Expert ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Experience in any scripting language such as PowerShell, cmd, python, etc;
- Good understanding of automation testing concepts;
- Experience with developing secure software;
- Experience working with virtualized environments like VMWare and Hyper-V;
- Advanced knowledge of system development life cycle, methodology and testing;
- Broad experience in using Windows desktop and/or api automation tools and an ability to quickly adapt and learn new testing tools;
- Experience with any of these technologies: AWS, Azure, SharePoint, Microsoft Dynamics or other CRM, Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server
- Experience working in a geographically distributed team with remote offices and teammates.
HelpSystems is passionate about making life easier for modern organizations and improving the lives of our customers. As a seven-time Star Tribune Top Workplace we are dedicated to making our employees happy by offering great benefits, fun company culture, and transparency from our leadership team. When working at HelpSystems you will have the opportunity for an upbeat office environment with A LOT of perks, such as professional development, equity program, employee recognition programs, and more!
Check out our website to learn more about HelpSystems and apply by visiting https://www.helpsystems.com/about/careers.
You can also check us out at https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-HelpSystems-EI_IE427503.11,22.htm
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.