HelpSystems is looking for a mid-level QA Engineer who will be responsible for manual and automated testing of client-server based applications.
- Write test plans and test cases throughout the development life cycle;
- Ensure test plans, thoroughly cover all requirements and use cases;
- Plan, schedule and perform manual and automated software tests;
- Develop automated regression test suites using automated testing tools;
- Foster a continuous improvement approach to QA activities;
- Work closely with software developers to perform early testing on components prior to integration builds;
- Manage defect tracking; monitor and report results;
- Monitor and maintain daily automated Regression runs
- Report QA status, as appropriate, to keep project stakeholders informed on deliverables and timelines.
- Excellent knowledge of English language, both communication and technical level;
- BS in Computer Science or a related field;
- At least 1 year of experience as a QA Engineer with solid progression in responsibility;
- Experience in testing high performance systems is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Linux/ Unix, Solaris and Windows environments is a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of system development life cycle, methodology and testing;
- Solid knowledge of the quality assurance techniques, testing concepts, methodologies and tools;
- Expert ability to apply quality assurance knowledge to in-depth testing and test plans;
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to investigate and research multiple sources;
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/ written communications skills;
- Expert ability to apply concepts of unit, system, regression, product, integration and acceptance testing;
- Experience in any scripting languages (Perl, Python, etc.);
- Experience in Java is a big plus;
- Experience in SQL databases and queries is a big plus;
- Good understanding of OOP principles;
- Broad experience in using different testing tools (Jmeter, Selenium Webdriver and TestComplete); an ability to quickly adapt and learn any other testing tools;
- Good understanding of automation testing concepts.
REMUNERATION/ SALARY: Highly competitive, depending on the previous experience and skills, plus benefits packages, including medical insurance, training, sport activities and a relaxation massage.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran
or disability status.