Customer Development Representative
RELAXED WORK ENVIRONMENT, DEDICATED TEAM, & GROWING COMPANY
What You’ll Do:
As an organization, HelpSystems’ customer base of over 15,000 has significant opportunity to sell additional products back to our customer base. This includes additional products within the software solutions already owned and adding new solutions based on customer need. This position will be the primary component of our back-to-base sales strategy, working in collaboration with the Regional Sales Managers (RSMs). The Customer Development Representative (CDR) will use technical, organization, and industry knowledge to identify opportunities and to influence potential customers in their purchasing of additional HelpSystems software solutions. Activities include following up on various marketing-generated leads, as well as direct dial campaigns. It will be a combination of working sale opportunities start to finish and providing a prospect stream for our RSMs.
This is a mid-level sales position with a base salary and commission with exciting career path opportunities in a high-growth software company.
- Prospecting within assigned customer database to identify opportunities to sell additional products from the HelpSystems software solution portfolio
- Lead generation for add-on and add-new software and services
- Targeted outbound prospecting and calling campaigns within customer base
- Setup product overview demos for customers needing education on their licensed software
- Working with the RSMs and Marketing to identify campaigns and materials to support customer education and lead generation
- Customer education – understanding their challenges and how HelpSystems solutions can address them
- Account research – focused on understanding customer accounts and expansion opportunities
- Navigate the sales process by identifying the need, positioning the solution, scheduling and participating in the solution demonstration, managing the trial process, and closing the sale
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with internal staff and external customers
- Document all communications with customers diligently in CRM package
- Prioritize tasks and multitask to address current company goals and objectives
- Achieve annual quota according to pre-determined plans
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Business or Marketing
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Strong presentation, communication, organization, and time management skills
- Self-driven, motivated, and results-oriented
- Displayed energy and optimism regarding our software, solutions, and our customers
- Demonstrated ability in problem-solving and negotiation
- Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas
- One or more years of business development experience is preferred
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Ability to learn and demonstrate (at a high level) HelpSystems’ solutions
- Strong research skills
Why work for HelpSystems?
HelpSystems is passionate about making life easier for modern organizations and improving the lives of our customers. As a seven-time Star Tribune Top Workplace we are dedicated to making our employees happy by offering great benefits, fun company culture, and transparency from our leadership team. When working at HelpSystems you will have the opportunity for an upbeat office environment with A LOT of perks, such as professional development, equity program, employee recognition programs, and more!
Check out our website to learn more about HelpSystems and apply by visiting https://www.helpsystems.com/about/careers.
You can also check us out at https://www.glassdoor.com/Overview/Working-at-HelpSystems-EI_IE427503.11,22.htm
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.