Executive Assistant, PWI Global
Job ID 821
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Provide direct support to the Heifer International Executive Director, PWI Global. Coordinate daily operations, processes, procedures, and special projects of the Executive Director.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Organized; creative; well-versed in Heifer’s development and business model at all operational levels; comfortable and competent in interacting with people on behalf of the Executive Director; emotionally intelligent.RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Maintain an accurate and current calendar for the PWI Executive Director on-line scheduling of internal and external, domestic and international, appointments and meetings. Support meetings as required. (20%)
- Provide timely and accurate updates to the PWI team and Heifer International leadership on the status of the Executive Director’s travel calendar highlighting pertinent coordination points to support organizational strategic priorities. I.e. major donors, institutional partners, key networking events, media opportunities, etc.
C. Manage and coordinate the operations of the Executive Director’s PWI Steering Committee and Advisory Board and other organization leadership groups as needed. (20%)
- Calendaring, agenda preparation, catering, technology, and all other aspects of meeting support. Coordinate all follow-up and action items as needed.
- ED speaking engagements, luncheons, conferences and meetings with Heifer staff, board members, strategic partners, volunteers, donors and other individuals.
- Develop and/or coordinate development of internal and external Executive Director’s messaging or other PWI Global communications including internal and external articles, quotes, presentations, and speeches.
- Develop and manage the Executive Director’s internal content (intranet) site (currently the Corral). Act as the PWI Global content administrator.
- Act as the primary resource and administrator for internal and external constituents for all Board and Committee-related matters.
- Respond to routine and non-routine written, oral and electronic inquiries; prioritize correspondence, reports, presentations and other information for internal and external usage for the PWI Executive Director, Advisory Board and Steering Committee.
- Maintain, update and/or archive all official files and records for all PWI Advisory Board and Steering Committee-related business.
- Manage, develop and coordinate across the organization the development, compilation and editing of PWI Advisory Board and Steering Committee related documents including, but not limited to, on-site board meeting books; board onboarding material and board development resource tools.
- Record and transcribe Advisory Board and Steering committee meeting minutes. Oversee all correspondence and logistical arrangements for Advisory Board or Steering Committee meetings.
- Develop and manage the Advisory Board and Steering Committee intranet using Laserfiche. Act as the Extranet Content Administrator. Post, update, and delete documents as necessary or instructed.
- Respond to routine and non-routine written, oral and electronic inquiries; prioritize correspondence, reports, presentations and other information for internal and external usage for the Executive Director.
- Track and coordinate all Advisory Board, Strategic Partner engagement touchpoints between individual Advisory Board Members, Strategic Partners and staff.
- Within the established guidelines, develop, manage, and monitor the PWI Accelerator’s annual operating expense budget. Ensure the timely payment of PWI Accelerator invoices, ED credit card statements and/or other accounts payable.
- Bachelor's degree required
- 8 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant
Most Critical Proficiencies
- A global perspective; the ability to understand issues in an international context; ability to understand the impact of a decision in a global context.
- Ability to grasp information and comprehend it quickly
- Ability to be proactive in anticipating needs of the Executive Director, Advisory Board and Steering Committee and PWI team.
- Proven ability to build deep and lasting relationships with a variety of internal partners with whom no direct line of supervision exists; a committed team player.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people, especially in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly assess and prioritize competing interests, such that those which are most important are given immediate direct attention of the individual necessary.
- Ability to interpret and apply policies and procedures independently, use sound judgment and discretion.
- Detail-oriented with excellent project management skills.
- Demonstrated experience and success holding prior positions that required high level of sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Extensive experience using computers as a tool for word processing, communications, including virtual meetings, and organizing. Must possess demonstrable proficiency using Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel, as well as virtual communication tools such as Zoom, Skype or GoTo Meeting. Must be open to new and emerging technologies.
- Strong calendaring, email and Internet/Intranet skills.
- Strong English language skills, oral and written, with the ability to communicate information to all levels of staff in a professional manner.
- Ability to use all standard office equipment.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines, establish priorities and make sound judgments often in a fast-paced environment, and the flexibility, energy, and attention to detail needed to manage a heavy workload and rapidly changing contexts.
- Ability to follow-up and follow-through on actions required.
- Ability to proofread correspondence for correct punctuation and grammar and produce documents in a well-designed, attractive format.
- May require constant sitting and moving; working at a computer for extended periods.
- Occasional bending and lifting/carrying of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms).Must have access to reliable transportation.
- Ability to perform basic to intermediate mathematical calculations.
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
The salary range for this position is $65k ~ $85k USD annually. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competency.
**Disclaimer: The salary for this position is based on the U.S. labor market and salary scale.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S.-based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection