Desktop and Mobile Support Technician
Job ID 305
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The purpose of this position is to be the first line of technical support for Heifer International’s end users. This position will answer incoming support calls and manage service requests in a helpdesk ticketing system. Provide top-level customer service to Heifer staff while providing excellent support and resolution to their technical problems. This individual will be expected to prioritize, troubleshoot, research and resolve service requests in a timely manner. S/he will be responsible for maintaining accurate information in the ticketing system, and elevating service requests to other groups within the Information Technology & Services Department when additional support is needed. In addition, provide support of all audiovisual (AV) systems at Heifer Headquarters to ensure that maximum impact is reached during internal and public events.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
Self-motivated, systematic, logical thinker and great customer service-ability.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Desktop Support: Provide direct support of all types of hardware to staff. Assist with computer imaging process, upgrades and replacements. Assist staff with peripheral hardware such as printers, scanners, external hard drives/flash drives, webcams and USB Headsets. Refer major hardware problems to vendor for repair, including scheduling onsite service. (25%)
- Build and support laptops/desktops for Heifer Staff weekly.
- Build on and improve existing imaging process of laptops/desktop computers.
- Execution of hardware refreshes.
- Prepare for software rollouts and OS upgrades. Implement activities surrounding these upgrades.
B. Mobile Support: Provide direct support for mobile devices to staff. Assist in MDM solution deployment to all mobile devices. Troubleshoot technical issues with devices as well as enterprise applications. (15%)
- Setup and assist with mobile devices such as iPhones and iPads weekly.
- Build on and improve existing MDM strategy.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities with MDM strategy.
C. Event Support: Support internal and external events, providing excellent customer service. Support Livestream Events. Support and troubleshoot all AV equipment during normal business hours and after hours to ensure proper functioning of equipment during events. (20%)
- Setup and arrange AV equipment for use during internal and public events, including microphones, projectors and other AV related equipment.
- Prepare and conduct LiveStream broadcasts when requested by staff.
- Identify improvements in AV design and room layouts.
D. Technical support, Problem resolution and Customer Service: Respond to and work tickets pertaining to a wide variety of systems and hardware. Provide updates, status and completion information for internal tracking and user communication purposes. Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems, referring more complex problems to tier 2 support team. (30%)
- Analyze research and resolve technical issues reported by staff daily.
- Work tickets sent by users daily, escalating when necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service at all times.
E. Technical Instruction: Prepare and deliver technical instruction to staff for a variety of software systems and hardware. (10%)
- Instruct users in use of equipment and software with emphasis on customer service.
- Deliver technical instruction on hardware systems when needed.
- Train Heifer staff on basic use of AV equipment to help foster self-sufficiency among staff.
F. May perform other job-related duties as assigned
Associate’s degree in computer technology or equivalent program plus 1-year experience
OR 3 years of hands-on experience in enterprise-level environment.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in computer hardware, software, and peripheral installation. Proficient experience in Windows 7/Windows 10 and Microsoft Office Products. MAC OS is a plus.
- Experience with mobile technologies such as iOS and Android.
- Experience with PC imaging technologies such as Ghost or Acronis.
- A+ and/or Network+ Certification
- Possession of a valid Arkansas driver’s license and immediate access to reliable transportation.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Knowledge of analysis, problem resolution and diagnostic processes for information technologies and systems.
- Knowledge of software packages, including Microsoft Windows, Office and Exchange-based electronic mail and calendaring, as well as standard Internet browsers.
- Experience setting up, configuring computers and making minor repairs to personal computers and peripherals.
- Ability to follow documented processes with close attention to detail.
- Knowledge of configuring computers in client-server environments. Network troubleshooting is a plus.
- Ability to determine the source of problems/errors, devise corrective actions and review results.
- Demonstrable ability to work multiple assignments simultaneously.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to understand relevant detail from oral information and explain technical terms and information both orally and in writing.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- May require constant sitting and moving; working in front of a computer for extended periods of time.
- High comfort level while appearing in public settings.
- Ability to pick up and move up to 30lbs.