Monitoring Evaluation Learning System Officer
Job ID 110
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position will assist in the implementation of Monitoring, Evaluation, Learning and Systems (MELS) for the country program. A strong emphasis is on data collection, storage, integrity, data analysis, reporting and dissemination to key stakeholders. S/He will provide input to project reviews and proposals and support in the implementation of Heifer’s global monitoring and evaluation systems at the country level, ensuring standards in baseline surveys, impact monitoring, evaluation, learning and communication processes that contribute to the global strategies.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
The ideal candidate is detailed oriented, self-driven and has strong leadership skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Implement monitoring, evaluation, learning and systems for projects. (35%)
- Collect and manage data to support needs assessment, project design, project logical framework design and target setting, and progress management.
- Assist in conducting and managing project baseline, and monitor project progress, and evaluations as per M&E plan.
- Assist in the effective implementation of MELS policies, procedures and guidelines in projects.
- Ensure proper use of available digital tools and technology for effectively managing MELS activities.
- Provide support to implement partners in preparing their MELS plans, and in using digital tools for data collection and management.
- Support project research for Learning.
- Support the implementation of all components of the Heifer’s MEL plan package.
- Assist in the development of projects Results Framework & logical framework for projects.
- Assist in the design of data collection plans and tools for projects.
- Assist in the development of M&E plans and setting of project targets.
- Ensure alignment of country’s/projects’ M&E plans and procedures with organization’s standards and requirements.
- Assist in the development of indicator reference sheet for all indicators.
- Ensure timely data availability and reporting to stakeholders as needed.
- Assist in the development of projects and CP level learning for action agenda.
- Assist in development of document lessons learned, successes, failures and best practices via case studies.
- Manage all data properly in clean form, and analyze to use for project management, learning and meet all the reporting needs.
- Coordinate the development of MELS plan package per project
- Create complete MELS plan package for projects
- Ensure that MELS plan package is being fully implemented in projects
- Draft communication Reports
- Develop communication plans per project
- Coordinate the develop of communication materials.
- Bachelor’s degree in Development related area, Statistics, Social sciences, Project Planning and Management, Economics and/or Statistics, or an equivalent with an academic focus on monitoring and evaluation or another related field.
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct relevant experience in MELS.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and working with NGO on MELs systems.
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field-based projects.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating data collection and management.
- Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Strong knowledge and skills in data management and analysis using statistical software’s (e.g. STATA, SPSS, SAS, etc.).
- Demonstrated proficiency in English and French, both oral and written.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Preparing and presenting project reports and presentations in a well-designed and attractive format with superior attention to detail.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with culturally diverse groups of people.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the public to scale up country program visibility and publicity.
- May require constant sitting; working at a computer and focusing for extended periods of time and performing office work in the field and/or in remote conditions.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.