Executive Director Mexico
Job ID 171
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Executive Director is the key executive leader of Heifer Mexico, LSE and Heifer Mexico Branch. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the strategy, programs and administration of the organization. This position is responsible for fundraising, marketing, and community and business outreach. The position reports directly to the Board of Directors. The incumbent of this position is responsible for leading Heifer Mexico, LSE, and Heifer Mexico Branch in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors. This position ensures the hiring and retention of competent, qualified talent to ensure the organization's mission is met.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Ensures accountability, business insight, ability to communicate effectively, excellent decision quality, ability to build networks, nimble learning through experimentation, ability to plan and align, ability to drive results, balances stakeholders, strategic mindset, ability to build effective teams, ability to instill trust and drive vision and purpose
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DELIVERABLES
A. Leadership and Management
- Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s strategy, operations, and programs.
- Responsible for keeping the board fully informed on the condition of the organization and all important factors influencing it.
- Oversee and report on the organization’s results for the board of directors.
- Retain a diverse, highly qualified staff and volunteers by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for workers.
- Establish sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- See that an effective management team, with appropriate provision for succession, is in place.
- Maintain official records and documents, and ensure compliance with all appropriate authorities.
- Develop and implement consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
- Identify, cultivate and acquire, solicit funding from a diversity of sources such as foundations, corporations, individuals and community organizations.
- Prepare accurate and timely analyses that capture and communicate fundraising results, variances and performance trends.
- Oversee strategic marketing and communication concerning the program.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs, and goals.
- Represent the programs and point of view of the organization to agencies, organizations, and the general public.
- Ensure that the organization has a long-range strategy which achieves its mission, and toward which it makes consistent and timely progress.
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff, and carry out plans and policies authorized by the board.
- Coordinate and lead annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with operational and senior management.
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field.
- Advanced degree in Business (MBA), Management, Finance, International Business or Marketing
- 10 years of senior management experience; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships
- Ability to set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures
- Proven ability to build and maintain working relationships with senior-level officials such as government agencies, NGOs, private sector and other donor organizations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people both internal and external to the organization
- Fluent in Spanish and English
- An entrepreneurial spirit, preferably including experience developing and implementing public-private partnerships to achieve community-wide social and economic goals
- Experience working with investors, investment funds and with mechanisms to support increased investment that favor small-holder farmers
- Experience in change leadership and change management
- Commit to results with emphasis on accountability
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling performance and outcomes for the organization
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage and develop high-performance teams
- Persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public
- Constant sitting, standing and walking with occasional bending and lifting; may work at a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality