Driver cum Office Aide
Job ID 99
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Driver cum Office Aide will provide safe transportation for the Heifer Ethiopia office and maintain the Heifer vehicles by ensuring they stay clean and receive regularly scheduled maintenance. S/he will support the administration of Heifer International
Ethiopia by performing office clerical duties and running office errands in accordance with HPI objectives, policies and procedures
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS :
A Self-motivated team member who is honest, patient, respects time (punctuality), and presents a high sense of organization.
Responsibilities & Deliverables
Accountable for technical service to vehicle and transport (40%)
- Provide safe transportation for CPO staff, visitors and partners.
- Operate Heifer Ethiopia auto vehicles for official trips and comply with standard traffic rules, regulations, and best driving practices.
- Maintain cleanliness and good physical condition of vehicles.
- Conduct a periodic check-up of vehicles for fluid (engine and gear oil, brake fluid, steering fluid, etc.) and electrical conditions.
- Keep an up-to-date vehicle logbook and maintenance book.
Vehicle Security and Reporting (10%)
- Report promptly to the Director of Finance and Administration and/or appropriate public officers in any case of theft or damage to vehicles by other parties in accordance with Heifer’s procedures.
- Provide prompt emergency assistance if an accident occurs.
- Keep and maintain tools, repair kits and safety devices for each vehicle.
- Provide vehicle support to staff as per clearance from Administrative Manager.
- Provide logistics support as required.
- Provide support around the office as needed, including but not limited to: sorting and receiving post, sorting documents, and scanning.
- Properly accomplish liaison activities including communication with government offices & authorities, the private sector, institutions, etc. as directed by the Heifer Ethiopia management.
- Carry out procurements including getting quotations, making analysis, contracts, dealing with vendors, checking legal requirements, receiving materials, etc.
- Provide equal opportunity for suppliers to make price and specification quotations and always accord prompt and courteous reception and fair equal treatment to all vendors and their representatives.
- Must have a valid Ethiopian Driver’s license.
- At least 3 years working experience in related function/role
- A primary school completion certificate
- Some understanding of written and spoken English.
- Computer literate (basic word and excel)
- A secondary school completion certificate or Attestation in motor mechanics repairs
- High ability to build working interpersonal relationships.
- Excellent mechanical skills for vehicle maintenance.
- Can communicate effectively in a team.
- Good spoken and written English and Amharic languages.
- High capacity to receive directives/feedback and execute them correctly
- Good sense of orderliness in archiving documents.
- Knowledge in development projects.
- Capacity to work without direct supervision and taking right initiatives.
- Can maintain confidentiality, respect the code of conduct and work free of conflict of interest.
- Strong adherence to the motor vehicle usage policy, as well as local and national traffic laws, always.
- Basic to intermediate computer skills with Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Excel).
- Knowledge of simple clerical work.
- Extremely clean, organized and ready to maintain the assigned vehicle in excellent mechanical condition.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to relate to individuals diplomatically and tactfully.
- Must be courteous, honest and of high integrity, especially in high-pressure situations.
- Self-starter and self-motivator with the ability to work in a multicultural setting.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to execute and manage multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to follow directions and independently complete assigned tasks (written or verbal).
- Ability to work a varied schedule to include early mornings, weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds (23 kilograms) floor to waist as required.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.