Job ID 380
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Who We Are
Located west of Little Rock in the foothills of the beautiful Ouachita Mountains, Heifer Ranch is the campus and living classroom of Heifer USA and serves as a showcase of climate-friendly farming. We are also a farmer education center and offer lodging, farm-to-fork food service as well as food and farm-based learning for guests. We currently have lodging for 40+ guests, several meeting rooms, and indoor and outdoor dining areas. The outdoor dining pavilion overlooks a 3-acre organic market garden alongside several hundred scenic acres of mixed forest and pastures where we produce the highest quality pastured proteins—beef, lamb, pork, chickens, and turkeys.
Our priority is to create superior stay experiences for our guests that exceed all expectations and provides a high level of service. Every team member is a crucial part of accomplishing our goals. You will fit right in here if you are curious, entrepreneurial, and thrive in a rapid-growth environment.
We are looking for candidates who are willing to relocate to Perryville, AR to live at (onsite housing option available) or close to the beautiful Heifer Ranch. Heifer will be offering relocation assistance for the selected candidate.
This position functions as the primary strategic business leader with responsibility for all aspects of hospitality operations, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance, sales, and revenue generation and delivering a return on investment, exceeding guest expectations, and increasing profit and market share. Holds hospitality team accountable for strategy execution, and guides their individual professional development. This position initiates independent and proactive sales activities, when appropriate, to generate demand.
What We Are Looking For
- Someone passionate about customer service who can design and deliver a 10/10 experience to our guests, including food service, lodging and events.
- A passion for great food, sustainability, the outdoors, social justice, and regenerative agriculture.
- A team player that will add to a fun, collaborative environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that includes nights, holidays, and weekends.
- An inspiring (and inspired!) leader and detail-oriented manager.
Responsibilities & DeliverablesA. Create incredible (10/10) guest experiences. (10%)
- Deeply understand, constantly analyze, and measure customer needs and how to best create and sell lodging and farm and food experiences at the Ranch
- Actively seek continuous improvement and customer satisfaction through seeking feedback on all aspects of our interaction with guests from how / where we market our “products and services” to our communication, amenities, cleanliness, and friendliness
- Consistently obtain a highest-level rating of customer satisfaction
- Receive a high percentage of customer referrals
- Analyze competition to inform pricing and comparable amenities and conditions.
- Find creative, variable pricing structures and offer off-season / mid-week deals to keep vacancy low and revenue up.
- Continuously research and apply learnings from other successful examples in Arkansas, the US and around the world, and challenge us to innovate and pilot new things (when a reasonable ROI can be expected, if successful).
- Consistently meet or exceed revenue goals
- Coordinate tours, agendas, meeting rooms, lodging, food service, external and internal guests and events, meetings, and gatherings.
- Develop farm-to-table experience using indoor and outdoor cooking and dining facilities to showcase amazing food (pastured proteins and organic fruits and vegetables).
- Test the use of third party online reservation systems for lodging and experiences (e.g., AirBnB) that streamline reservation process and ensure timely and professional communication with potential customers
- Work with accounting staff to ensure integration of financial information with Heifer accounting systems
- Assist in kitchen, housekeeping, guest services as needed
- Able to flex staffing capacity to volume for each type of event, using permanent staff, temporary staff, and external vendors
- Associates degree in Hospitality Management from an accredited institution with a minimum of five years of hospitality industry experience. Additional experience may be substituted for degree. Direct customer service or client management experience required.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office, Google suite of programs; working knowledge of POS systems.
- Contract management skills required.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Excellent communication skills.
- Organized and extremely detail-oriented.
- Ability to reconcile and balance monetary transactions accurately.
- Must follow all policies and procedures.
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects simultaneously to completion.
- Ability to work a varying schedule including nights, early mornings, weekends and holidays as needed.
- Ability to work more than a 40 hour per week schedule as needed.
- Ability to solicit clients via direct telephone calls, site tours and other means as necessary.
- Maintain Arkansas State Board of Health license and ServSafe certification.
- Meeting OSHA requirements.
- Must be able to maintain a valid liquor license, Alcohol Compliance Certificate and Food Permit (when required).
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Including but not limited to reaching, bending, stooping, wiping, standing, and walking throughout the dining room and up and down stairs when applicable for up to 12 hours.
- Ability to carry a tray with up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds.