Service Center Representative
Job ID 608
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Service Center Representative will provide top-notch service to Heifer International donors, volunteers, and/or internal staff by managing calls, correspondence, web-chat, email, social media comments, and all other inquiries to ensure service levels for our donors and volunteers. This position will be responsible for servicing donors by phone, email, webchat and written correspondence. This position will be responsible for assisting with fundraising efforts of over $5 million in revenue within the Service Center. This position will work with multiple portfolios of stewardship plans for individuals, schools, and congregations to improve revenue, retention, and loyalty of donors in these segments.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Excellent people, customer service, and sales skills. Professional with charismatic, detail-oriented, collaborative, outstanding communication and interpersonal skills; strong drive to work cooperatively and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people. Ability to create long-lasting relationships with donors; Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills; Displays data analytics expertise and utilizes best practices and knowledge exchange in an ever-evolving, collaborative and agile environment. Ability to work well with supervisors, coworkers and donors.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Donor & Volunteer Engagement (45%)
- Must be able to answer donor questions quickly and accurately using approved information and resources.
- Facilitate over 40,000 donor communication preferences to ensure each donor’s wishes are honored as to how much communication they prefer with our organization across all channels.
- Assist with 65,000 incoming phone contacts annually. Focusing on engaging donors with delightful service and increasing fundraising revenue and retention. Calls are expected to be responded to within 20 seconds.
- Assist with corresponding to over 40,000 emails. Each response must be service-minded and answered within one business day. All responses will use approved formatting and language to ensure a consistent voice with our donors.
- Assist with engaging over 10,000 donors via webchat. Required to assist multiple donors at the same time while maintaining excellent service. Responses must be personal and use approved language and formatting. Chats must be responded to within 20 seconds.
- Assist with processing over 1.1M educational and fundraising collateral pieces. Identify and suggest the best fundraising pieces for each fundraiser.
- Assist donors with processing over 21,000 merchandise and/or MarketPlace Items annually.
- Increase fundraising revenue by capitalizing on each opportunity including the upselling, promotion of matching funds and other marketing campaigns.
- Cross-train on all other processes within Donors Services. Including but not limited to corporate match, resources, merchandise, updates, communication preferences, catalog requests, removes, memorial cards, correspondence, calls, web-chat, emails, and any other service functions for our donors, volunteers, and internal team members.
- Maintain production standards.
- Manage customer interactions in a professional manner by listening to needs and providing solutions. Going above and beyond. “Yes we can!”
- Process all transactions accurately and efficiently.
- Maintain quality assurance standards.
- High ability to problem solve. Must be able to come up with the appropriate solutions and focus on finding a way to say yes to a donor’s need.
- Must be able to listen to and adapt to the quality of care feedback in an effort to strive for excellence.
- Continuously meet and maintain strategic, departmental service level guarantees and quality assurance of all functions within Donor Services.
- Live the Heifer Cornerstones
- Same Day Service
- One Interaction Resolution
- Together, Yes We Can!
- 1-3 months – Training
- 3-6 months – Meeting Standards
- 7-12 months+ – Exceeding Standards
- Manage stewardship efforts within segmented portfolios including communication, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Improve revenue, retention, and loyalty of donors in these plans.
- Maintain Community Portfolio revenue. Focus on; $5,000 lifetime giving and above by congregations, schools, and civic groups; individual donors giving more than $1,000 through mass marketing and corporate matching gift.
- Utilize Donor Analytics Framework and Stewardship Advance Plans to customize portfolios.
- Assist Cause Marketing with recruiting businesses to support Heifer and work to steward volunteers.
- Provide feedback to improve overall donor relationships
- Ensure touchpoints are coordinated with all other teams: Mass Marketing, Philanthropy and Planned Giving.
- Input all pertinent interactions into database systems for reporting and analysis.
- Complete calls, emails and mailings and all personal stewardship touchpoints in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s degree plus two (2) years of call center and/or customer service experience.
- At least five (5) years’ experience as a customer service representative.
- Intermediate or advanced level ability to both speak and read Spanish preferred.
- Prior call center experience preferred.
- High technology skills needed with a complete automated, paperless workflow environment
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Proven customer service, fundraising and/or stewardship skills.
- Excellent communication skills with a positive outlook and exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Adherence to ethical fundraising practices as outlined in the Association of Fundraising Professional (AFP) Code of Ethical Principles and Standards of Professional Practice Strong analytical, organizational and spatial skills.
- Strong relationship management and donor development skills.
- Ability to lead, inspire and motivate donors, staff, and volunteers to support efforts.
- Analytical and process integration skills, and proficiency with Blackbaud CRM (BBEC), Oracle Service Cloud, inContact, Optix, NICE QM Engage, Sprinklr, Mitel Connect, LaserFiche, IATS, TSYS, Classy, Pay Pal, Lexis Nexis, Zoom, Microsoft Suite, Articulate Story Line, WorkFront, Heifer CMS, Smart Draw, Visio, and others as needed.
- Ability to support Heifer’s mission, Cornerstone values, and rural development model.
- Experience implementing successful end-to-end programs in a resource-constrained environment, leveraging an array of marketing and stewardship techniques.
- A creative approach to problem-solving and a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to focus, prioritize, and deflect distractions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Ability to work and make judgments independently and take initiative as a self-starter.
- Ability to communicate the Heifer mission and its importance to external audiences.
- Strong attention to detail and commitment to excellence in all programmatic elements.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines; establish priorities and make sound judgments.
- Ability to work independently, while being a good team player capable of responding quickly to fundraisers’ needs and requests in a fast-paced and highly interactive environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (primarily Office 365, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment using multiple systems and juggling many tasks
- Ability to work with and maintain sensitive and confidential donor and internal information.
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and
- Ability to communicate data, information and reports in a well-designed, attractive format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to understand difficult verbal and written instructions.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues, donors and the general public.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision while managing multiple tasks.
- Ability to work cooperatively, passionately and cordially.
- May require constant sitting and working at a computer for extended periods.
- Occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms) floor to waist.
- Willingness and ability to easily adapt to change.
- Willingness and ability to travel as necessary.
Starting salary for this position is $45k USD annually. Salary will be commensurate with experience and competency.
**Disclaimer: Salary for this position is based on U.S. labor market and salary scale.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S. based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection