Job ID 157
Provide overall Office administration, procurement, logistics and transport operations support and assistance to the Country Office.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
An ideal candidate for the position should be detail-oriented, collaborative, communicate clearly, organized, deadline-oriented, level-headed, positive nature, ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Office Administration (30%)
- Provide administrative, logistical, and clerical services to the leadership team, in order to ensure effective and efficient operations. • Provide general receptionist services for all incoming or outgoing mails and directing visitors accordingly
- Plan and coordinate meetings
- Prepare and distribute agendas, and other meeting materials
- Coordinate meeting venue/room setup, refreshments, décor and other necessary logistics
- Record minutes for meetings and events as assigned by the Leadership team
- Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to photocopying, faxing, scanning, mailing, and filing administrative documents.
- Oversee the cleaning, electricity, water supply and security of the Country Office
- Provide guidance to staff on SOPs and other processes.
Logistics, procurement and Inventory Coordination (40%)
- Coordinate with teams and projects all anticipated fields activities, travels, purchase and provide assistance in the elaboration of Annual Procurement plans, the design, development and implementation of Logistics Management Information, as well as managing and reporting on inventories Coordinate and book international and domestic travel (flights, ground transportation, accommodation, etc.) for staff including but not limited to partner/prospect meetings materials.
- Coordinate the procurement process, as appropriate per programs’/projects’ requests by researching the market, preparing and issuing requests for proposals/quotes, purchase Order for the purchase of goods and services, evaluations, quality and cost negotiations, and administration of awards as per the defined threshold and in accordance with the SOPs for Procurement following competitive bidding and evaluation procedures with the procurement committee members.
- Develop and maintain an established list of existing and potential qualified vendors; Run the security/background check on vendors according to the policy.
- Create a database, develop forms, properly code, label and record all types of assets in a database as way of managing all office furniture, equipment, non-consumables and consumables inventories.
- Coordinate the country driver pool, vehicle availability and allocation for the portfolio of Office/projects in Rwanda. • Oversight of insurance, inspection, registration and operations for all own and rented vehicles.
- Provide timely vehicle repair and maintenance.
- Allocate drivers and vehicle resources.
- Check and control logbooks for each driver, track vehicle & fuel usage and monitor fuel consumption against mileage in logbook which details such as the date, time, starting location, destination, business purpose, the passenger(s) name(s), activity charge code, and produce a monthly mileage & fuel report for each vehicle; Handle fuel disbursements with drivers.
- Ensure the maintenance, safety, efficiency and effectiveness of transportation services by supervising the transport department staff in carrying out the responsibilities of the department and monitoring team performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Office Administration & Management, Business Administration, or related field of study plus three (3) years of related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Office Administration & Management, Business Administration, or related field of study plus Five (5) years of related experience working with International NGOs
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize to meet deadlines and manage workflow in a fast-paced evolving work environment.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and web-based applications.
- Excellent writing skills with the ability to respond to perfunctory correspondence.
- Skilled in reading and comprehending instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Knowledge of adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals, as well as computing rate and percent and to produce and interpret graphs.
- Skilled with operating and troubleshooting basic office machines including fax, copiers, printers, computers, etc.
- Knowledge of the non-profit sector, and awareness of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work cooperatively, tactfully and diplomatically with a culturally diverse group of people and external clients, suppliers or partners
- Ability to understand and prepare oral and written material including information from leadership meetings and conferences
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from top management, groups of managers, donors and the general public
- Ability to manage people, foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs, and to gender equity.
- Constant sitting, standing and walking, with occasional bending and lifting and work at a computer for extended hours.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Do any other duties that may be assigned to him/her by his/her supervisor.