Associate Director (Resource Mobilization)
Job ID 106
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To serve as the Associate Director for Resource Mobilization for Heifer International Cambodia, in accordance with Heifer International’s objectives, policies and procedures, and guidelines. The incumbent will oversee resource mobilization through the building of a portfolio of partners and partnerships that can furnish funding, technical support, marketing linkages, and other means of support. S/he will network with outside funding agencies, bi-lateral and multi-lateral agencies, corporations, NGOs and local government entities, then energize and facilitate the fundraising process. The incumbent will position Heifer International Cambodia as the partner of choice for key companies/trusts/donors/ government agencies in agriculture and rural development, as well as key specialties and themes within and around it. S/he will manage communications and networking efforts and work closely with US based resource mobilization teams, including IBD, GPA, Foundations and others.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
The Associate Director of Resource Mobilization must have rich social, networking and negotiation skills, display an open mind, and have a convincing voice, with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. S/he must have strong commitment to poverty alleviation and sustainable development, with strong analytical skills and ability to design quality proposals.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Resource Mobilization Strategy (30%)
- In coordination with IBD and other resource mobilization teams, lead the development of Heifer Cambdia’s fundraising strategy to meet the fundraising requirements of the country program and leverage a stronger donor support base for the organization.
- Conduct periodic landscape analysis to identify opportunities and plan how to capture.
- Landscape analysis done to understand and plan to capture new and existing opportunities aligned with Heifer and donor interest and priorities.
- Create, plan, and implement all internal and external fundraising strategies and activities, building from and expanding upon the success of current private and public efforts.
- Continually track, measure, evaluate and report on the achievement of resource mobilization and communication goals with a focus on recommending and incorporating improvements as appropriate.
- Conduct resource development intelligence/research on upcoming opportunities and develop recommendations for next steps .
- Identify PR and media opportunities and develop key messages for promoting Heifer Cambodia and its strategic objectives.
- Ensure that appropriate systems are in place to deliver the resource mobilization strategy, including an effective information management system.
- Responsible for expanding Heifer Cambodia’s donor portfolio through effective networking, and the identification and cultivation of new funding opportunities.
- Foster and cultivate relationships with the private sector, philanthropic funding community and high-level donors and potential partner organizations, through participation in relevant industry events, as well as organizational engagement and outreach .
- Research is conducted on potential partners and a strategy is put into place to enhance business relationships .
- Develop and implement structured stewardship and communication plans to ensure donors are acknowledged in a timely fashion.
- New business relationships are initiated and team members are connected as appropriate
- Network with development organizations, governments, and other agencies while promoting Heifer’s model and developmental initiatives.
- Organize briefings, meetings, visits and events for the growth of current and prospective funding partners.
- Develop linkages to institutional funding sources and the corporate sector.
- In coordination with IBD and other resource mobilization teams, facilitate due diligence reports and teaming agreements.
- Responsible for coordinating communication activities and enhancing the visibility of Heifer Cambodia.
- In partnership with IBD and other resource mobilization teams, manage, write, produce, and submit letters of intent, proposals, and reports to private-sector philanthropic, institutional donors and corporate foundations.
- In partnership with IBD, coordinate communication between Heifer Headquarters and the country program for Institutional Donor grant acquisition.
- Provide leadership to the Cambodia country program team in communications, networking, and public relations activities on behalf of the organization.
- Development of publications, mass mailings, and online marketing materials.
- Promote and facilitate resource leveraging at the project partner and self-help group level in coordination with in-country Regional Program Managers.
- At the direction of IBD & HQ resource mobilization teams, coordinate with the Country Director and other country program units to ensure a unified approach in resource mobilization.
- Regularly update and liaise with the Asia HQ Program team and the appropriate HPI HQ resource mobilization units on fundraising progress.
- Coordinate with the Marketing & Resource Development Division, the Global Partnerships and Alliances team and the Business Development Unit of International Programs on other designated funding opportunities.
- Master’s Degree plus five (5) years of related experience is required. Other job-related education and/or experience may be substituted for all or part of these requirements.
- Prior experience in competitive resource acquisition (preferably USAID, other institutional funders, foundation and multinationals), with proven skills at persuasive technical writing
- At least five (5) years of experience in strategic partnerships, fundraising or public relations with strong communication background.
- Sound understanding of non-profit fundraising principles, both cash and shared value/in-kind funding.
- Extremely client focused and results oriented.
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising and relationship management
- Capacity to facilitate internal decisions across multiple stakeholders as required, which include but not limited to private sector, government sector, financial sector, NGOs etc.
- Knowledge of and connections to the international funding community in (and US preferred).
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets power point, web designing and electronic mail software (Microsoft preferred).
- Excellent marketing and networking skills.
- Demonstrated experience in successful grant acquisition from multiple donors (governmental and non-governmental organizations).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate challenging situations to achieve goals and deadlines.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- May require constant sitting, standing and moving; working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to prepare and present speeches/presentations, accurate reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to assign and review the work of direct reports.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues, potential donors, and the general public.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively, both locally and internationally.
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality at all times