Driver cum Office Aide
Job ID 408
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
To serve as the Driver/Office Aide of Heifer Project International India’s Odisha Program in accordance with HPI objectives, policies and procedures. The position will also provide logistical/clerical support to the Program office as needed.
Essential Character Traits:
Alertness, Availability, Cautiousness, Dependability, Diligence, Enthusiasm, Respectful, Flexibility, Resourcefulness, Self-Control
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Accountable for technical service to vehicle and transport (55%)
- Provide safe transportation for all staff, visitors and partners.
- Operate Heifer India vehicles for official trips and comply with standard traffic rules, regulations, and best driving practices.
- Maintain the cleanliness and good physical condition of vehicles.
- Conduct a periodic check-up of vehicles for fluid (engine and gear oil, brake fluid, steering fluid, etc.) and electrical conditions.
- Keep an up-to-date vehicle logbook and maintenance book.
- Report promptly to the Program Director and/or appropriate public officers in any case of theft or damage to vehicles by other parties in accordance with Heifer’s procedures.
- Provide prompt emergency assistance if an accident occurs.
- Keep and maintain tools, repair kits and safety devices for each vehicle.
- Provide vehicle support to staff as per clearance from the Administrative Manager.
- Provide logistical support as required.
C. General office clerical duties and errands (20%)
- Provide support in and around the office as needed, including but not limited to sorting and receiving post, sorting and scanning documents, and running banking errands.
D. May perform other duties as assigned (5%)
A high school education, plus three years' experience in driving is required. Educational qualification may be considered for a highly experienced candidate.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Must have a valid four-wheeler driving license.
- Demonstrated ability in local driving conditions.
- Understanding about driving rules and regulations.
- Excellent mechanical skills for vehicle maintenance.
- Experience in long distance driving.
- Good spoken and written Odiya language; proficiency in Hindi, English and local dialects will be an added advantage.
- Experience in the maintenance of vehicle logbooks.
- Good communication skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Have an interest in animal agriculture/community development.
- Understand the importance of traditional customs of the various ethnic groups and be familiar with their lifestyle.
- Ability and willingness to work with a flexible schedule.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to foster and maintain a spirit of unity, teamwork and cooperation.
- Sensitivity in working with multiple cultures and beliefs and to gender equity.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.