Data Collection Specialist
Job ID 126
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Develop data collection standards and tools and will engage with country program teams and assist the teams with developing, documenting, implementing and providing quality assurance to data collection processes, appropriate data and timeliness as it pertains to the approved monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plans.
Responsible for ensuring that all country teams report all data at the appropriate times and with the rigor as required through the Organization-wide data collection tool Survey CTO.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, collaborates across various teams, communicates clearly and frequently, and is persistent in delivering reports on time and to a high degree of quality.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Maintain data collection processes up to date and functioning smoothly for all field teams reporting on project progress, global indicators, and impact data from evaluations. (45%)
- Document data collection processes for all countries that will be reporting on progress data, global indicators, or evaluations as it pertains to the approved MEL plans or commissioned evaluations.
- Review and support field staff in the design and creation of data collection instruments and methodologies.
- Train staff in how to use templates to collect data most effectively for reporting purposes.
Designing and implementing data collection standards, tools, methods, and plans. (25%)
- Develop resources and standards to create data collection instruments at the global and project level.
- Create templates for planning on data collection at the project and global levels.
- Create templates that are appropriate, contextualized and user-friendly for data collection and reporting.
- Create data collection reports from Survey CTO that can be easily transferred to an Enterprise System.
- Create data collection reports that are clearly represented, and quality assured for Board Results Reporting requirements.
Maintaining relationship with data collection solution provider including management of users, software up-dates, contractual agreements and vendor deliverables. (20%)
Contract kept current with vendor
- Build and maintain e-forms following organizational standards.
- Ensure all field projects are using solution effectively.
- Manage Users and permissions.
- Keep all country subaccounts up to date.
- Maintain training materials.
- Coordinate webinars for field staff to learn the survey modalities and conduct follow-up satisfaction surveys.
- Provide direct contact and support to field teams who are/or will be using the tool.
- Support in the design and deployment of global reporting, project level and progress reporting.
- Exporting data, cleaning and analysis for project and organization-wide metrics reporting.
Manage K-box help-desk ticketing system communications regarding MELS functions across MELS team for support as well as folder structures for the MELS team. (5%)
- Ensure that responses to queries are in a timely manner and provide adequate solutions.
- Provide specific K-box technical support for SurveyCTO, evaluation, research, baselines, midterms and final evaluations.
May perform other job-related duties as assigned. (5%)
- Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years of direct relevant experience in designing and implementing data collection in rural international environments.
- Master’s degree preferred in International Development, Community Development, Rural Development, Project Planning and Management, Economics and/or Statistics, Monitoring and Evaluation or other related field plus two (2) years of direct relevant experience in designing and implementing data collection in rural international environments.
- Field experience of collecting data for projects in rural locations for agricultural value chain projects.
- Familiar with data collection solutions and building instruments using those solutions.
- Innovative, analytical, and solutions oriented.
- A good understanding of and sensitivity to issues associated with poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which non-profit organizations operate.
- Knowledge of market systems interventions and linkages to poverty alleviation to ensure that the correct data is being collected.
- Excellent organizational skills, including strong attention to detail.
- Proven experience in building the capacity of partner institutions to document and disseminate industry information, manage knowledge, measure progress and plan and advocate within the industry.
- Proficient knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation tools, electronic mail (Microsoft Office preferred) and Internet.
- Demonstrated proficiency in English, both oral and written.
- Experience with ICT.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to become the main resource for the data collection solution of the organization.
- Ability to train and work cooperatively with a diverse staff, including field staff in various locations, to establish the selected data collection solution as the standard.
- Demonstrated creativity, ability to think systematically, willingness and ability to incorporate innovative solutions.
- Quantitative and qualitative approaches to evaluation and ability to communicate MEL concepts clearly.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Working with sensitive information and maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple tasks with little supervision while meeting sometimes inflexible deadlines.
- Willingness and ability to travel.