Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist
Job ID 40
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist ensures control, monitoring, and evaluation of projects and programs of Heifer International Haiti. It will also provide the level of compliance in terms of scope, compliance with technical execution and quality of performance for rapid decision-making at the institutional level.
- It supports the implementation of the learning, monitoring and evaluation (LME) systems for each project;
- Establishes an LME system and trains project managers in its application;
- Supervises and/or feeds the LME system;
- It processes data and generates information from the LME system but also the information needed for planning and project preparation processes
Establishment of Procedures and Tools for Planning Learning, Monitoring, and Evaluation (30%)
- Following organizational policies and guidelines established in MEL Plan Plan Package.
- Set in place a process and tools to ensure the standard of learning planning, monitoring and evaluation practices based on the PMD-Pro methodology and the requirements of the funders.
- Participate in the design of proposals to determine and develop the LME system, including the description of indicators for projects.
- Create and update a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan for each project, using the established tools provided by Country Office, MELS HQ, Donors.
- Ensure the design of good quality indicators for each project.
- Coordinate and execute the LME process in project implementation: baseline, interim evaluations, final evaluations, studies and other requirements established by Heifer International Haiti and / or other donors as directed by the Directorate.
- Manage data collection activities.
- Provide reliable information for writing reports.
- Be responsible for training project staff and consultants in the use and management of the LME system used by Heifer Haiti (including Kimetrica).
- Ensure the quality of data collection through routine visits and supervision.
- Support the efforts to diversify and expand its funding, collaborating in the preparation of project ideas, profiles, and adhoc reports and evaluations.
- Train Country Office in relevant MEL policies and methodologies, such as MEL Plan Package, CLA process, data quality assurance.
- Train Country Team in MELS system use: SurveyCTO, Excel Forms.
- Train other MEL personnel hired for specific projects.
Information Management and Analysis (15%)
- Present adequate information on results and products to management in relation to project monitoring and control.
- Provide regular analysis reports to project managers and management.
- Prepare progress reports on the programmatic implementation of projects.
- Organized storage of all the information generated by the monitoring systems and presenting it in Dashboards
- The archiving of all information generated by the LME system and / or others.
- Identify learning processes and exchange of experiences between projects and programs in America.
- Coordinate systematization and project evaluation to document lessons learned and best practices to use.
- Conduct community level audits to verify reported data.
- Ensure the systematization of experiments and facilitate their dissemination.
- Ensure that the proposals have sufficient funds to carry out Monitoring and Evaluation Learning activities.
- Ensure revision and respect of terms of reference and external consulting contracts: for baseline activities and all other evaluations.
- Actively participate in the planning and preparation of new projects.
- Be responsible for geographic, socio-economic and innovation information for new projects.
- Attend meetings in those cases that the Management and/or Project Management delegate the responsibility.
- Work as a team with the programmatic area, for the construction of the best methodologies for collecting field information.
- Schedule and actively participate in the review meetings of progress: annual, quarterly and monthly of the different projects executed by the Heifer International-Honduras Project.
- Coordinate with the MELS and HQ MELS team to keep them updated on MELS activities.
- Support research and evaluation initiatives in the country
- Depend on specific tasks assigned.
- University degree in statistics, agricultural sciences, economics, sociology or social sciences, agroeconomics or related sciences.
- Minimum 5 years of professional career experience including 3 years in a similar position (Planning, learning, monitoring, and evaluation).
- Fluency in Spanish and English is an asset.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to write reports and/or technical documents.
- Experience with programs or projects funded by USAID, the EU, and other bilateral or multilateral donors.
- Experience in project development.
- Knowledge of business development, value chains, and advice to MSMEs.
- Knowledge of agroecology, economic development, rural development, gender approach or natural resource management.
- Experience in configuration or administration of computer systems for Monitoring and Evaluation of Projects.
- Knowledge of agricultural production.
- Certification related to social project management methodologies. (preferable PMD-Pro logical framework methodology).
- Demonstrated experience in coordination and work with international donors and beneficiaries of PME / MLE systems.
- Knowledge and solid skills in the management and analysis of data using statistical software (SPSS of preference).
- Experience in using statistical software and information gathering.
- Highly developed research and analytical skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication and ability to practice diplomacy and tact with various groups of people.
- Mastery of MS Office and other computer systems.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team.
- Experience in monitoring and financial execution, technical projects.
- Technical knowledge and tools in planning, learning, monitoring, and evaluation
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management.
- Knowledge of the interventions of the market systems and the links with the alleviation of poverty.
- Capacity to elaborate monitoring and evaluation indicators and matrices.
- Experience in working with rural families and agricultural producers.
- Understanding and sensitivity to the problems associated with poverty, hunger, agriculture and the environment, and knowledge of the context in which nonprofit organizations operate.
- Ability to train, coach, model and guide skills in developing and writing proposals.
- Ability to direct actions towards results.
- Travel at least 30% of the time.
- Ability to drive mechanical vehicles in rural areas.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Analytical capacity and report synthesis.