Human Resources and Compensation Specialist
Job ID 105
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identify, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things or status as a qualified individual with disability.
This position is responsible for supporting the overall compensation processes for the organization. It is responsible for producing data and/or compensation reports for organizational budgets, analysis, and audits.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS:
This position requires an individual who is analytical, detail-oriented, a multitasker and is self-directed. Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
Global Job Analysis, Documentation, and Evaluation (60%)
- Perform market benchmarking of new or existing positions to place in the appropriate pay grade and compensation structure using compensation software systems.
- Perform market benchmarking and guidance for promotion process.
- Determine and document the FLSA and EEO-1 status of US-based positions ensuring compliance.
- Maintain and update data within compensation software and tools on all current and historical positions in close coordination with contracted third-party compensation consultants.
- Ensure accurate geographic differential information is maintained in the HRIS system.
- Respond to general questions from employees and supervisors regarding compensation.
- Perform the global annual compensation increase calculations for budget review and approval.
- Coordinate the technical and administrative process for the annual U.S. merit increase upload into HRIS.
- Coordinate the administrative process for annual international compensation increases.
- Develop, update and maintain documentation on compensation processes.
- Provide training and education to supervisory staff on compensation processes.
- Respond to global salary surveys throughout the year providing data input and documentation by the requested deadline.
- Identify discrepancies in reporting and collaborate with country office officials to correct data.
- Collaborate with all third-party compensation consultants to ensure that accurate mapping of positions are completed to ensure data integrity and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, HR, Accounting or related field plus five (5) years relevant experience in compensation administration and data analysis.
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) or working toward certification.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP).
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills.
- Skilled in data analysis and investigative techniques.
- Expert user in Human Resources Information Systems.
- Ability to collect quantitative and qualitative data and present it clearly.
- Ability to focus, prioritize, and manage distractions in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Skilled in communication ability both in writing and verbally.
- Ability to prepare and present presentations, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals that conform to prescribed style and format.
- Ability to work with a variety of software systems with multiple integration points.
- Ability to work with a diverse staff, including multiple cultures and beliefs, and sensitivity to gender equity, with the ability to relate to individuals and groups diplomatically and tactfully.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks with impeccable attention to detail.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues and the general public.
- Constant sitting and moving with occasional bending and lifting of up to 20 pounds (9 kilograms).
- Working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.