Heifer USA Digital Media Specialist
Job ID 580
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Digital Media Specialist will use their video production and graphic design skills to assist with achieving the social media goals of Heifer USA’s Farming Education Program by creating original video content for our YouTube channel, Heifer USA and other social media channels. As an integral part of the Farming Education team, this person also works collaboratively to plan and create social media content for Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Email in order to increase our reach and number of followers. Additionally, the position is responsible for managing the Heifer USA social media content calendar for multiple social media platforms on a regular basis.
We are looking for someone who is creative, collaborative, organized, intelligent, passionate, trustworthy, and reliable.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:A. Digital Media Production (40%)
- Capture and edit digital video and photo content using professional camera and audio equipment for social media use (YouTube, Instagram,Facebook, and TikTok).
- Repurpose existing video content into YouTube shorts, IG Reels, and TikTok videos.
- Design, curate, and produce original graphic design pieces such as YouTube thumbnails, banner images, event art, and more.
- Assist the Heifer USA team with scheduling, marketing, and promoting our Livestreamed content on a regular basis.
- Edit video and photo content using Adobe Creative Suite in coordination with Heifer USA’s Farmer Education team.
- Help grow our social media audiences by creating original and engaging video content.
- Write copy for and create regularly scheduled social media posts using Hootsuite with content that educates the public on regenerative agriculture practices.
- Find and re-post interesting content from other pages, channels, and creators that our audience would enjoy.
- Plan, create, and execute paid advertisement campaigns for Facebook and Instagram in coordination with the Farmer Education team for special events.
- Stay current on industry trends and technological developments, sharing this information and best practices to inform team members and evolve the social media strategy.
- Write copy for and schedule engaging email campaigns and newsletters to Heifer USA’s subscriber audience utilizing MailChimp.
- Integrate content from the Heifer USA YouTube page onto Heifer’s website via our custom Content Management System in coordination with Heifer International’s web development team.
- Integrate event registration content and other information related to Heifer USA’s Farming Education work onto the Heifer website.
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Audience Segmentation, and Google Analytics to improve Heifer USA’s reach of our target audience of limited resource in the United States.
- Provide logistical support to Program Officer for Farmer Engagement and Trainings for public events.
- Assist with capturing digital media content of events.
- Assist visitors and customers at Heifer USA Farming Education events
- Data entry and analysis for event registration and program monitoring and evaluation surveys.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education.
- Three (3) or more years of relevant work experience in digital video production
- One year photography and graphic design experience
- Demonstrated ability to use social media platforms (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, & TikTok)
- Prior experience with copywriting
- Advanced proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (Premier, Photoshop, After Effects, Audition)
- 3 years social media/marketing experience (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Email)
- 5 years videography experience
- 2 years photography and graphic design experience
- Bachelor’s degree in digital media marketing or related field
- Passion for sustainable agriculture/farming
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Digital Media Production/Video Editing Experience
- Social Media (Facebook & Instagram) content management using Hootsuite.
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, Audition, InDesign, After Effects)
- Passion for regenerative agriculture and Heifer USA’s mission
- Passion for Social Media
- Email Marketing (Mailchimp experience preferred)
- Strong customer service abilities
- Search Engine Optimization, Audience Segmentation, and Google Analytics
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Working at the computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions.
- Ability to work on the weekends if necessary.
- Creating engaging digital content.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and to maintain confidentiality.
WHAT WE OFFER:
Heifer International offers a variety of benefits for U.S. based employees working 30 or more hours per week.
- Health and wellness benefits including Flexible Spending Account and/or Health Saving Account
- Employee assistance program
- 403(b) retirement plan (match 1% employee to 2% employer up to a maximum of 4% match + 3% employer discretionary contribution regardless of employee contribution)
- 22 vacation days in addition to 12 statutory and discretionary holidays, and 10 sick days per year
- Employer-paid life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D)
- Professional development and annual merit increase opportunities
- Optional critical illness insurance, legal assistance plan and pet protection