Social Media Associate
Job ID 402
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Heifer USA Social Media Coordinator will use their knowledge and skills to assist with achieving the digital design and social media goals of Heifer USA’s Farming Education Program. As an integral part of the Farmer Education team, this person works collaboratively to plan, implement and track social and digital media campaigns in order to increase our reach and number of followers in order to help us train more farmers in our work ending hunger and poverty. Primary outlets for deliverables will be through Facebook, Instagram, Email, and Heifer’s Website. This position will also assist with the creation of digital media assets (photos and videos) for our social media platforms and the Heifer USA YouTube page.
This position is a termed (1 year) full-time position and is subject to extension depending on the business needs. We highly encourage a cover letter to be included in your application.
We are looking for someone who is outgoing, creative, collaborative, organized, patient, passionate, empathetic, meticulous, perceptive, communicative, analytical, and reliable.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES:A. Social Media Management (30%)
- Grow our Instagram and Facebook audiences by creating creative and engaging content development strategies.
- Write copy for and create regularly scheduled social media posts for Facebook and Instagram using Hootsuite with content generated in coordination with Heifer USA’s Farmer Education team that educates the public on regenerative agriculture practices.
- Plan, create and execute paid advertisement campaigns for Facebook and Instagram in coordination with the Farmer Education team for events.
- Stay current on industry trends and technological developments, sharing this information and best practices to inform team members and evolve the social media strategy.
- Capture digital video and photo content using professional cameras and audio equipment for social media use (YouTube, Instagram, and Facebook).
- Edit video and photo content using Adobe Creative Suite in coordination with Heifer USA’s Farmer Education team.
- Write copy for and schedule engaging email campaigns and newsletters to Heifer USA’s subscriber audience utilizing MailChimp.
- Integrate content from the Heifer USA YouTube page onto Heifer’s website via our custom Content Management System in coordination with Heifer International’s web development team.
- Integrate event registration content and other information related to Heifer USA’s Farming Education work onto the Heifer website.
- Utilize Search Engine Optimization (SEO), Audience Segmentation, and Google Analytics to improve Heifer USA’s reach of our target audience of limited resources in the United States.
- Provide logistical support to Program Officer for Farmer Engagement and Trainings for public events.
- Assist with capturing digital media content of events.
- Assist visitors and customers at Heifer USA Farming Education events
- Data entry and analysis for event registration and program monitoring and evaluation surveys.
- Associate degree or equivalent education.
- Two (2) or more years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to use social & digital media platforms
- Prior experience with copywriting
- Understanding of basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- 2 years of social media/marketing experience (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Email)
- 2 years of videography experience
- 1-year photography experience
- Bachelor’s degree in the digital media marketing or related field
- Passion for sustainable agriculture/farming
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Social Media (Facebook & Instagram) content and advertisement campaign creation
- Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Photoshop, Lightroom, Audition, InDesign, After Effects)
- Passion for regenerative agriculture and Heifer USA’s mission
- Web content design and monitoring
- Digital Media Production (photo, video, and audio)
- Email Marketing (Mailchimp experience preferred)
- Strong customer service abilities
- Search Engine Optimization, Audience Segmentation, and Google Analytics
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Working at the computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to work outdoors in adverse conditions.
- Ability to work on the weekends if necessary.
- Creating engaging digital content.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.