Farm Hand - Heifer USA
Job ID 195
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Farm Hand position is an hourly as needed position for farm tasks such as catching chickens for processing, building fences, removing old fences, and pine tree removal.
The total work hours will be less than 20 hours per week. This position requires a lot of flexibility because the hiring manager will call as tasks come up (hours can be from morning to late evening). Chicken catching tasks occur every 6 (six) weeks from 8 pm – 11 pm tentatively, and other tasks such as fence clearing, chain saw work, general farm maintenance may be needed during the week.
Multiple people will be hired for this position to ensure tasks are completed as needed. This position is termed and will conclude at the end of this year; however, it can be re-established if needed.
ESSENTIAL CHARACTER TRAITS
Honest, Strong work ethic, Reliable.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLES
A. Farm Labor (100%)
- Complete labor assignments such as fence clearing, chain saw work, fence building, chicken catching, and general farm maintenance.
- Adhere to animal welfare standards.
- Safely operate tools and equipment.
- Must be of legal working age
- Be in a good physical condition
- Must show up on time and complete task with minimal supervision
- Able to lift 50 lbs. repeatedly
- Willing to work in the evening and into the night
- Willing to work in varying weather conditions
- Able to provide own transportation to and from work
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- High School diploma or GED
Most Critical Proficiencies
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to respectfully work with a diverse staff
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands
- Must be physically able to complete a wide variety of manual labor
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to take direction and execute tasks as directed