Resource Mobilization Manager
Job ID 353
Heifer International is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
The Resource Mobilization Manager manages the fundraising, partnership, and communications efforts in accordance with the mission and signature programs of Heifer Cambodia. This position will manage development efforts, including but not limited to organizational profiling, grant management, partnerships, and marketing efforts.
This position will oversee resource mobilization through the growth of a portfolio of partners who provide funding and other means of support, networking with outside funding agencies, corporations, other NGOs, and government entities, and facilitating the fundraising process.
The Manager will be a key team member responsible for mapping target audiences and developing communication and Public Relation strategies to ensure clarity and consistency of messages that support and promote Heifer’s work in Cambodia. S/he will develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the program area and keep them informed about Heifer Cambodia initiatives and be able to communicate those project-wide and externally.
This position will work closely with both the Heifer Cambodia team and the resource mobilization and communication teams at Heifer International Headquarters and its affiliates.
Essential Character Traits:
A highly motivated and inspirational leader, superb listener and communicator, relationship builder, energetic and positive, team builder, strive for a shared vision, impact-driven and innovative, organized, having the strong business acumen, pro-active, respect for procedures and norms, curious, analytical, socially sensitive, values-oriented, conviction towards holistic sustainable development.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DELIVERABLESA. Resource Mobilization (60%)
- Responsible for leading resource mobilization/ fundraising activities.
- Develop/update and lead in the implementation of resource mobilization strategy and plans for Heifer Cambodia.
- Provide resource development intelligence on donor landscape and upcoming opportunities and bring to the attention of the country program team/HQ for decisions on next steps.
- Investigate the trend of donor interests and highlight their inclusion/priority in the Heifer Model, aligning them with the ground reality.
- Identify program priorities and seek opportunities together with the different resource mobilization teams at Heifer HQ and Country Office Team.
- Contribute to the bid development process and ensure its compliance with Heifer’s business development process.
- Lead the agreement process (MoU, Teaming Agreement, Grant/contract Agreement, etc.) with partners and donors at the country level.
- Develop capacity documents and other materials in collaboration with other team members.
- Build the profile of the organization among donor/client/prospective consortium partners.
- Responsible for coordinating networking, cultivating, and nurturing relationships with donors/partners/private sector/government bodies.
- Develop and update collaboration and partnership strategies for scaling up program impact and diversify revenue sources.
- Take leadership in expanding and nurturing the currently established networks/relationships.
- Engage the Heifer Cambodia leadership and management team for the relationship building with the government, donors and partners.
- Follow up on emerging relationships with potential funding agencies and key partners.
- Ensure the participation of major donors/partners/ government organizations in project sites and public events of Heifer Cambodia.
- Showcase project progress and achievements to donors via field trips.
- Take leadership for in-country networking (through participation in forums/working groups/platforms).
- Research and strategize potential partners to enhance business relationships.
- Work closely with and support HQ in cultivating relationships for business development.
- Promote linkages to institutional funding sources and the corporate sector.
- Responsible for leading the communication efforts and developing the strategies of Heifer Cambodia.
- Assist the Country Director to create effective cross Department communications systems and ensure the implementation of systems.
- Oversee social media management and generation of content.
- Identify PR and media opportunities and develop key messages for promoting Heifer Cambodia and its strategic objectives.
- Assist with marketing of fundraising and community-related events.
- Create marketing materials such as flyers, brochures, newsletters, and reports as needed according to Heifer branding guidelines.
- Regularly update and liaison with the Asia HQ Program team and the appropriate Heifer HQ resource mobilization units on fundraising progress and strategy.
- Coordinate communication between Heifer HQ and the country program for large grant acquisition.
- Ensure good communication with the country team (Programs, MEL, Operations, Finance) about grant requirements and planning of reporting.
- Maintain contacts with funders and stakeholders.
Education and/ or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field plus five (5) years of experience in international development and resource mobilization, fundraising, grant management, partnership development, or project management.
Most Critical Proficiencies:
- Ability to meet and deal with others in a courteous and tactful manner.
- Ability to work with sensitive information and maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent organizational skills including strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to initiate and cultivate relationships with government entities and potential donor partners.
- Excellent marketing and networking skills.
Essential Job Functions and Physical Demands:
- Demonstrate a high degree of honesty and integrity.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- May require constant sitting, standing and moving, working at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to prepare and present speeches/presentations, reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format with impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to assign and review the work of direct reports.
- Constant face-to-face, telephone and electronic communication with colleagues, potential donors, and the general public.
- Willingness and ability to travel extensively, both locally and internationally.
- Motivated to work responsibly with little supervision.