Would you like to join a dynamic, rapidly growing legal team helping clients repair their broken lives? Heard and Smith, LLP was founded on the principles of compassion, humility and the relentless desire to pursue financial assistance for our clients. Our law firm has been helping the disabled for over 30 years and has a proven record.
Do you have a heart for those in need? We are a National Social Security Disability Law Firm based in San Antonio, Texas. We are seeking a recently licensed attorney to help us represent disability clients from our main office. Being part of the Heard and Smith team is more than a job; each day provides you with opportunities to change someone’s life. We offer:
- Fast-paced, and professional environment;
- Fulfilling, challenging, and rewarding;
- Great team environment;
- Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off;
- Great Medical Benefits Package
- Competitive salary and 401k with profit sharing
- Salary range is $40k-$60k annually depending on experience
As a Staff Attorney you will review & develop pre-hearing cases, conduct legal research and write pre-hearing brief memorandums for disability hearings at the ALJ and Appeals Council levels, and respond to client questions (mostly via telephone.) Staff attorneys would also be able to represent some clients in agency level hearings in addition to the in-office workloads noted above.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- To be a law school graduate (Texas law license is optional, not required)
- Excellent legal writing skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Reliability and dependability
- Knowledge of social security law is preferred but not required
This is our entry level attorney position that leads to more opportunity in the future for promising new attorneys.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster
- Please, no phone calls about this job!
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests