Travel Nurse Recruiter / Sales
What is a Travel Nurse Recruiter?
A Travel Nurse Recruiter is multi-dimensional but fundamentally, it is a commissioned sales position. Recruiters have an objective to place nurses on assignment (hire a nurse) by putting out as much activity as it takes to do so. Recruiters are rewarded through bonuses and commission, in addition to a base salary, like that of a sales professional.
We are seeking highly motivated, and dedicated individuals to drive the continuing growth of the organization. Health Carousel is one of the country’s largest and fastest-growing healthcare staffing companies. If you have the talent, ambition, work ethic, and the drive, we can offer the tools, training, support, and opportunity to build a rewarding and satisfying career.
What is a typical day like for a Travel Nurse Recruiter?
Recruiters Achieve Their Sales Goals by:
- Sourcing and screening prospective travel nurse employees throughout the United States
- Building a pipeline by sourcing and screening prospective travel nurse employees throughout the United States, obtained through cold calling, company-generated leads, a proprietary company database, referrals, social media, etc.
- Matching candidates with opportunities at client hospitals and healthcare facilities located across the country
- Negotiating compensation packages including hourly wages, bonuses, and optional company funded travel and housing arrangements
- Work with internal credentialing and compliance staff to ensure that the nurses meet the standards for our clients
- Collaborate with internal travel department personnel to make safe, comfortable and cost-effective travel and housing arrangements for confirmed assignments
- Work with Payroll and Employee Support Specialists to ensure that travel nurses on assignment are compensated accurately and on-time
- Work closely with management, clinical, HR and legal personnel to address and resolve performance related issues when necessary with nurses on assignment
- Achieve daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual activity metrics and performance targets
Who is the right person for this role?
- A motivated self-starter with the determination to attain goals?
- A sales-oriented person with people skills, likeability and the ability to prospect, network and build long lasting candidate / employee relationships?
- Willing to invest the time and effort required to build, grow, and sustain your book of business?
- Able to accept coaching and feedback to drive results?
- Willing to go beyond the minimum required hours (M-F 8-5), including evening and weekend time?
- People oriented, able to handle difficult conversations, and a natural networker?
- Assertive enough and diplomatic enough to ask what can sometimes be difficult and sensitive questions, and ask for commitments?
- A critical thinker able to shift your approach to drive results?
- A person of character and integrity that is respectful, reliable, and responsible?
- A person with grit, perseverance, tenacity, goal-driven with the resilience to overcome obstacles?
- Platinum benefits package including first-day coverage
- Fully paid maternity leave
- Paid parental leave
- Monthly phone stipend
- 10 company paid holidays, 17 paid days off, 2 Volunteering PTO days
- HCU and LinkedIn Learning
- Progressive, ambitious culture
- We work hard, and play hard. We want our employees to be their personal best all of the time, both professionally and personally.
- Award Winning: Best Places to Work in Cincinnati, Ohio - 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020 Largest U.S. Staffing Firms in the U.S. - 2017, 2018, Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in America - 2016,2017,2018, 2019
Health Carousel was founded in Cincinnati, OH in 2004 with a vision to build a company that could ensure that US patients have access to qualified healthcare professionals when and where they need them. The founders developed service lines that helped US healthcare organizations address their short-term and long-term workforce challenges.
Today, Health Carousel operates the leading international healthcare staffing business (PassportUSA), a master supplier in the nurse travel staffing business (Health Carousel Travel Network), a master supplier of locum tenens (Health Carousel Locums Network) and is ranked as one of the 20 largest healthcare staffing companies in the US. Health Carousel employs over 1700 healthcare professionals and 450+ internal employees.
Health Carousel is an Equal Opportunity Employer.