Director HR Operations
Hamilton Health Care System, Inc.
Job Description and Performance Standards
Title: Director of Human Resources Operations 559511013
Departments: Human Resources
Reports To: Vice President of Human Resources
Status: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday; Office hours, with ability to flex as needed based on business needs.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Director of HR Operations, is responsible for designing and leading effective, harmonized, HR practices and processes reflecting HHCS’ mission, vision, values, and strategies. In addition to providing leadership and oversight for Employee Relations, Business Partnerships, Talent Acquisition, Compensation/Benefits, and Human Resources Information Systems/Informatics, the Director will serve as a member of the HR leadership team and the HHCS System Director’s team. The Director will design and leverage data and analytics for use in partnership with key stakeholders to define, document, measure and optimize HR systems and processes in support of workforce excellence. S/he will provide leadership for organizational people practices and processes, emphasizing employee self-service and managerial independence by promoting a centralized infrastructure with decentralized decision-making. As a member of the HR leadership team, s/he will participate in the company’s strategy development, delivering functional/process excellence and growing functional capability. S/he will also facilitate the employee/employer partnership and support the building of a positive and productive workplace.
The successful candidate’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participate as an active and enthusiastic member of the HR Leadership Team, developing successful working relationships and contributing to the overall HR agenda in support of HHCS’ mission, vision and strategies.
- Provide effective leadership and daily oversight for assigned functions to ensure customer-centered provision of service and effective outcomes.
- Partner with business leaders and corporate service areas to understand business needs and priorities, translating them into executable strategies that align with organizational vision and goals as they relate to HR process and practice, reporting and analytics, and overall HR functional excellence.
- Oversee Human Resources Information Systems, to ensure compliance and successful structures and integration.
Provide people-related data analytics and business intelligence to guide strategic decisions.
- Develop and track metrics related to the progress and success of functional deliverables and initiatives, communicating value and results to the organization.
- Using project management skills, serve in the capacity of Project Manager or Sponsor for key projects.
- Systematize, standardize, and control the cost of transactional work, considering opportunities to centralize or outsource.
- Partner with other Leaders to design effective and efficient processes for merit, performance management, talent acquisition and reviews, development, succession, and leadership program nominations, etc.
- Engage and educate business unit and HR leaders to ensure efficient and effective process execution.
- Develop and advise on strategies and protocols that mitigate employee relations issues while protecting the organization from legal actions.
- Advance a team of knowledgeable, proactive and service-oriented HR Business Partners that interpret, meet and exceed the HR needs of the various business units.
- Create systems and processes to support the consistent, compliant and comprehensive application of HR business practices.
- Advise on diversity and inclusion programs establishing tasks and criteria for leadership and stakeholders resulting in a more balanced environment.
- Leverage technology solutions and vendor partnerships to meet function/business objectives. Support development and maintenance of project scope/objectives through requirements gathering, goal prioritization, planning, scheduling, identification of risks, and contingency plans.
- Lead the auditing of key HR processes and drive compliance and continuous improvement.
- Apply functional expertise in ways that are explicitly tied to business priorities.
- Responsibly set and manage a cost-effective budget.
- Stay abreast of current trends and best practices in HR, Reporting & Analytics, and HRP systems.
- Role model and champion continuous improvement and high reliability.
Education: Bachelor’s degree is required with a focus on business, human resources, HR technology or related discipline desired. Advanced studies in management or human resources preferred. Healthcare experience within a shared services and /or complex, fast-paced system highly preferred.
Experience: 10+ years of demonstrated experience and results in human resources leadership. As a member of HHCS’ HR leadership team, s/he must be proactive and willing to provide new and meaningful alternatives to current practices and programs while providing strategic and tactical plans required to accomplish the mission-at-hand. S/he will understand that work is completed through the operating people of the company, and thus highly-developed team building, influencing and collaboration skills are required. S/he will possess proficiency and delivery experience across a broad range of HR support functions.
Licensure: Certification as a Sr. Professional of Human Resources (SPHR) or Professional of Human Resources (PHR) preferred.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Strategic planning, organizing, leading and knowledge of process management.
- Ability to design and construct business intelligence / Reporting and Analytics.
- Experience and relevant knowledge to lead and advise assigned functional areas including Employee Relations, Business Partnerships, Compensation/Benefits, Talent Acquisition, Retention and HRIS.
- Ability to assess multi-faceted issues, anticipate potential problems and apply high level of skill and judgment around complex and ambiguous issues.
- Demonstrated track record of developing and sustaining effective and energized working relationships with leaders to align people at all levels with HHCS’ strategic objectives.
- Advanced expertise with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Understanding of HR processes and cross-functional dependencies.
- Strong project management skills, including solution implementation.
- Successful at influencing without direct authority or power.
- Excellent negotiation, group facilitation, and written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communications planning, and written and verbal skills, including the ability to prepare reports and present to various groups.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively impact and manage conflict and change with presence and credibility in the organization.
- Demonstrated sound judgment and the ability to make decisions.
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines in a complex environment.
- Flexibility and adaptability in performing work duties.
- Knowledge of laws, regulations and policies pertaining to HR & Payroll related items.
- Policy development and design at a contemporary level.
- Develop and manage internal communications while maintaining discretion and confidentiality.
Works in a typical office setting subject to constant interruptions and heavy work volume. Flexible work schedule is required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WORK EFFORT
Moderate amount of sitting. Stress from constant demands of others and work deadlines.