HR Business Partner
Hamilton Health Care System, Inc.
Job Description and Performance Standards
Title: Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) 55951-5621
Departments: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Schedule: Monday - Friday; Office hours, with ability to flex as needed based on business needs.
The Hamilton Health Care System Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) is a collaborative and high performing role that provides human resources consultation and proactive support to designated business unit(s) all core functions of HR to include: Employee Relations & Engagement, Performance Management, Recruitment & Retention, Training & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Employment Law & Compliance . The HRBP will define and execute HR strategies that enable the accomplishment of business objectives by partnering closely with the business unit operational leaders. The HRBP contributes to the development of workforce plans and has an in depth understanding of external customer trends and issues in the industry that could potentially impact business. The HRBP provides guidance to convert strategies into result driven actions, ensuring associate involvement and engagement at all levels. The HRBP utilizes knowledge of various human resources functions to provide tactical support to operational leaders and business unit associates. The HRBP acts as liaison with other HR functions to maximize the services received by internal and external customers, requiring an in depth knowledge of all applicable HR processes, policies, practices, and areas. The HRBP also provides support in the areas of change management, training, and other HR projects. In this role, a wide degree of creativity, judgment, and latitude is expected. The HRBP proactively builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside the organization. The HRBP will ensure maximum value is received from all HR policies by associates, and drive actions to ensure continuous improvement in the HR functions. The HRBP will utilize metrics to analyze trends and drive actions.
Known for its advanced care and personalized service, Hamilton Health Care System offers innovative treatment options in state-of-the-art facilities while maintaining a compassionate, friendly and tranquil healing environment. The purpose of Hamilton Health Care System Associates is to serve with compassion demonstrating core values of professionalism, respect, integrity, diligence and excellence
The HRBP supports achievement of business plans (Organization & HR), strategies and objectives through proactively:
- Developing a deep understanding of the organization’s business, industry, products and processes, and short and long-term objectives.
- Defining and executing HR strategies that fully support the company objectives as well as assisting/facilitating other departments’ functional objectives
- Employing innovative ideas and assessment processes to ensure all employees are receiving maximum value for all HR functions
- Finding and facilitating win/win solutions to conflicting priorities and objectives.
- Constantly challenging the status quo – thinking outside traditional HR practices to eliminate any obstacles to every individual’s feeling of value.
- Designing and facilitating meetings so that the desired outcomes are achieved.
- Proactively identifying every opportunity for associate involvement in problem-solving, planning, goal-setting and decision-making.
- Interpreting and coaching the application of all human resources policies and practices so that everyone believes decisions are thoughtful and fair.
- Creating and supporting multiple communication forums so that everyone has the information they need and want to know
- Managing performance systems and feedback to enhance individual and team performance while creating an environment focused on continuous improvement.
- Establishing and maintaining all tracking and record-keeping systems so that transactions are error-free and simple and associate-related data is easily accessible.
- Maintaining confidentiality and protecting associate privacy in areas where this is required.
Education: Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate with Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field required. Equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through experience in an HR generalist or management type role may be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: More than 2 years of experience in an HR Business Partner or HR Generalist role required. HR Leadership experience, and Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
Licensure: Certification as an HR Professional through either SHRM or HRCI strongly preferred.
Skills: Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state and other labor/employment law as well as organizational policy and procedure to ensure necessary compliance. Demonstrated advanced written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in multiple software applications, with ability to learn systems quickly. Expertise in spreadsheet design, formula application and database administration. Deep understanding of HRIS systems. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with operational leaders and associates. Demonstrated ability to think critically, prioritize multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, and accomplish detailed work with accuracy and clarity. Demonstrated sound managerial judgment, initiative, and enthusiasm. Ability to work independently with little direction/supervision is required. Must have a well-developed sense of professionalism in appearance and in action. A strong customer service orientation is also essential. Ability to work a flexible schedule required.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Works in a typical office setting subject to constant interruptions and heavy work volume. Flexible work schedule is required. Travel among all local facilities on a regular basis is expected.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WORK EFFORT
Moderate amount of sitting. Stress from constant demands of others and work deadlines.