Human Resources Generalist
Hamilton Health Care System, Inc.
Job Description and Performance Standards
Title: Human Resources Generalist (HRG) 559515622
Departments: Human Resources
Reports To: Director, Human Resources
Shift: 8:30am-5:00pm Monday-Friday
Status: Full Time
The Hamilton Health Care System Human Resources Generalist (HRG) is a multi-faceted role that assists in administering human resources policies, procedures, and provides proactive support to the HR team, operational leaders, and associates. The HRG role provides clerical and administrative support in most functional areas of HR to include: Performance Management, Recruitment & Retention, Training & Development, Compensation & Benefits, Employment Law & Compliance. The HRG will collect and maintain HR data related to functional areas in order to provide data analysis and reports. The HRG will be responsible for the execution of tasks related to the HR functional areas, including the HRIS systems, requiring effective multi-tasking with multiple priorities and tasks on a daily basis. The HRG will be responsible for processing new hires, transfers, terminations, status changes, leave of absences, as well as maintaining associate files, assisting with events, and a multitude of complex office procedures in support of the HR department.
The HRG proactively builds and maintains relationships with key stakeholders both inside and outside the organization. The HRG will ensure maximum value is received from all HR policies by associates, and drive actions to ensure continuous improvement in the HR functions.
The HRG prepares effective communications for internal and external stakeholders, related to the HR functional areas. The HRG will also work on projects throughout the year that will vary in scope and complexity. The HRG will research requests and provide findings and recommendations to the HR team for various needs.
Known for its advanced care and personalized service, Hamilton Health Care System offers innovative treatment options in state-of-the-art facilities while maintaining a compassionate, friendly and tranquil healing environment. The purpose of Hamilton Health Care System Associates is to serve with compassion demonstrating core values of professionalism, respect, integrity, diligence and excellence.
The HRG supports the HR team, operational leaders, and associates by proactively:
- Developing a deep understanding of the organization’s business, industry, products and processes, and short and long-term objectives.
- Understanding and supporting the HR strategies that align to company objectives as well as assisting other departments with meeting functional objectives related to HR initiatives
- Employing innovative ideas and assessment processes to ensure all employees are receiving maximum value for all HR functions
- Developing an in depth understanding of all HR systems, including Lawson, Jobvite, Halogen, and others to ensure the timely entry of all data and ability to utilize the capabilities of the systems for reporting, data analysis, data gathering, and gains in efficiency.
- Constantly challenging the status quo – thinking outside traditional HR practices to eliminate any obstacles to every individual’s feeling of value.
- Assisting with the application of all human resources policies and practices so that everyone believes decisions are thoughtful and fair.
- Creating and supporting multiple communication forums so that everyone has the information they need and want to know
- Maintaining all tracking and record-keeping systems so that transactions are error-free and simple and associate-related data is easily accessible.
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, ever-changing environment where changes are frequent and time sensitive.
- Maintaining confidentiality and protecting associate privacy in areas where this is required.
Education: Must be a High School or GED Diploma Graduate with Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or a related field required. Equivalent knowledge and skills acquired through experience in related HR roles will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience: More than 1 year of experience as an HR Generalist or more than 3 years of experience in more than 2 functional areas of HR is required. Healthcare experience strongly preferred.
Licensure: Certification as an HR Professional through either SHRM or HRCI strongly preferred.
Skills: Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state and other labor/employment law as well as organizational policy and procedure to ensure necessary compliance. Demonstrated advanced written and oral communication and interpersonal skills. Proficiency in multiple software applications, with ability to learn systems quickly. Expertise in spreadsheet design, formula application and database administration. Deep understanding of HRIS systems. Demonstrated ability to effectively work with operational leaders and associates. Demonstrated ability to think critically, prioritize multiple responsibilities, meet deadlines, and accomplish detailed work with accuracy and clarity. Demonstrated ability to balance multiple priorities and tasks while maintaining a calm and enthusiastic demeanor. Must have a well-developed sense of professionalism in appearance and in action. A strong customer service orientation is also essential. Ability to work a flexible schedule required.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS
Works in a typical office setting subject to constant interruptions and heavy work volume. Flexible work schedule is required. Travel among all local facilities on a regular basis is expected.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL WORK EFFORT
Moderate amount of sitting. Stress from constant demands of others and work deadlines.