Office Manager - Boulder, CO
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with outstanding customer service skills and the ability to problem solve. The Office Manager must have the ability to assign appropriate level of urgency to specific situations and work on projects independently.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage facility in Boulder, CO
- Setup rooms for events including support of various A/V equipment used in events
- Maintain building operations and emergency procedure manuals and equipment, etc.
- Maintain fire & safety procedures for Boulder office
- Manage cleaning, painting, furniture repair, plumbing, electrical, lighting, and HVAC needs.
- Purchase small office furniture (file cabinets, lamps, chairs, tables, etc.), as required.
- Assist with new hire set up in coordination with IT and Telephone Services
- Contribute to database for inventory of furniture and equipment and work order tickets
- Coordinate regular maintenance with outside vendors, including scheduling, keeping landlord informed, submitting required documentation to landlord, etc.
- Maintain office supply cabinets, purchase supplies as needed
- Maintain physical book archive, including shelving new and reprint titles as they come in, and culling old tiltes not needed
- Maintain server room, including requesting cleaning when needed and performing duties under the supervision of remote network staff.
- Direct staff in the monitoring and maintenance of pantries (ensure they’re well supplied and all equipment is in working condition), conference rooms and other heavily used spaces
- Assist in space planning and working with Sr managers assigning seating
- Coordinate and manage office move in consult with Office Leader and Corporate Facilities as needed, including touring spaces, working with architect on buildout, and managing staff moves, etc.
- Daily reconciliation of manufacturing dates in consult with Reprint Mananger and Production Director. Other data entry duties as assigned
- Coordinate catering/supplies for all-office meetings, team building events, and gatherings, including planning, organizing, budgeting, and submitting expense reports. Work with Corporate Communciations/Human Resources on implementing all-company events
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent organizational, problem solving, and administrative skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of personnel within the company, external customers, and vendors
- Solid computer skills, including MS Office suite
- Willingness to be flexible and exhibit a professional manner
- Flexibilitly required if additional work hours are needed
- Ability to lift between 30 – 40 lbs.
- Minimum of 5 years Facilities experience
- Ability to read floor plans
- Strong knowledge of electrical and HVAC systems
- Ability to translate instruction from remote IT in our local server room
- Ability to attend to details and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a minimum compensations of $45,000. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.