7a PC Kitting Coordinator
SUMMARY: To assist PC Kitting Manager and PC Kitting Lead to ensure a smooth work flow through the Kitting department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orient and train new employees. Introduce new employees to the kitting operation:
- Oversee any areas that could become problems and report them to the manager and/or lead;
- Monitor performance under direction of manager and/or lead, with attention to quality, productivity and teamwork;
- Perform inventory spot inspections for quality;
- Sort skids by work order and check product for correct work order quantities;
- Perform regular kitting duties as time allows;
- Special projects as assigned.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Proven work record consisting of high productivity;
- Good communication skills;
- Good math skills;
- Proven leadership ability/ ability to work with others;
- Good attendance record;
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds;
- Ability to operate Equipment;
- Strong knowledge of kitting operations;
- Knowledge of or ability to train on Company WMS system.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to at least a high school diploma and experience in kitting.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.