Children’s Field and Educational Sales Manager
Hachette Book Group (HBG) is looking for a motivated sales professional who is a self-starter to fulfill the newly created position of Children’s Field and Educational Sales Manager. The position will be based in the New York office (once it reopens) with a hybrid office/work from home schedule. Reporting to the Executive Director of Children’s Sales, this Manager will work directly with the HBG sales representatives for Independent Bookstores and Educational Wholesale accounts to maximize sales opportunities and grow our children’s book sales in these channels.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure reps are prepared to sell by providing strategic title knowledge, marketplace information, marketing and publicity plans, and relevant sales analysis as well as providing follow-up on execution of promotions and account specific opportunities directly with these teams.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key accounts in collaboration with their HBG sales rep and represent these channels at internal publisher meetings.
- Provide marketplace sales analytics using industry and internal data, to both accounts and publishers
- Collaborate with Field Sales Director(s) and Children’s Educational sales team members to develop promotional ideas and initiatives for each channel.
- Attend both external meetings including sales calls, Educational Book & Media Association conferences, American Library Association conferences, Children’s Winter Institute and select regional meetings and internal meetings such as sales conference, acquisition, jacket review and marketing meetings.
- Provide support on seasonal sales promotions to Marketing and Publicity personnel for HBG Distribution clients.
- This position may have selling responsibilities for one Educational Wholesale account.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Successful sales track record as a book sales representative or in a sales-related position in a children’s business.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentations.
- Strong analytical skills: this position requires providing detailed sales analytics for the independent Bookstore/Educational Wholesale marketplace and for Publishers,
- Comfortable working and communicating with employees across all levels of an organization.
- Ability to travel, with valid drivers’ license.
- Skilled with Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word/Office
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.