5a Returns Associate
SUMMARY: To process book returns and enter data into WMS and/or restock returned, processed books into putaway locations as directed by WMS.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accuracy-must be detail-oriented in counting and recording book quantities, core numbers, account numbers, and follow established patterns for putaways;
- Productivity-must work to achieve processing goals set by the Returns Supervisor;
- Communication-must follow up with Supervisor or Lead on all questions or problems found when processing or working in putaway areas (flowrack, mezz, pallet area, FRC);
- Concern for Quality-must sort damages from usable stock and record for inventory purposes;
- Dependable with proven attendance record to work established shift schedules to meet department goals;
- Ability to cross train and work in all areas of the Returns Department as it is essential to reaching the department goals;
- Special projects as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Math skills-High school level;
- Ability to master WMS Returns system and follow instructions;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Previous PC experience helpful;
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Good attendance record.
- Proven work ethic.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Equivalent to at least a high school education.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.