The Hachette Book Group’s Perseus Books division is seeking a Managing Editor for their Running Press imprint.
The Managing Editor manages the publication schedules for all Running Press imprints, overseeing a growing list of approximately 200 titles per year, and is the key point person for receiving and disseminating pertinent information related to all Running Press book projects, serving as liaison and facilitator among editorial, production editorial, production, design, sales, and marketing departments. This position is based in Philadelphia.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing seasonal lists for Running Press, Running Press Kids, Running Press Teens, Miniature Editions, RP Studio, and Black Dog & Leventhal, working with the editorial, production, and art departments to schedule and monitor titles throughout their production process, from inception to finished print book and ebook
- Managing and maintaining metadata in the title database
- Communicating title information and changes for the imprints companywide
- Running production status meetings and attending department and interdepartmental meetings
- Supervise one production editor
- 5+ years production editorial/managing editorial experience in trade publishing; experience with heavily illustrated titles a plus
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the proven ability to manage and implement changes to processes and systems
- Solid copyediting and proofreading skills, including knowledge of Chicago Manual of Style (17th)
- Thorough knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Candidate must be detail- and accuracy-oriented and have the ability to balance many projects in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment while maintaining high standards of quality
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.