Integration Project Manager - 12-Month Position
The Project Manager role will report to the VP – Enterprise Transformation in the Operations department and will support the Project Management Office (PMO) and Integration Functional Leads through the merger process of Workman Publishing with Hachette Book Group. This professional will provide tactical support and project management practices for the execution and governance of this integration. This is an 12-18-month project position, with benefits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage full cycle project/program management plans by identifying scope, timelines, schedules, deliverables, status, risks, issues and dependencies
- Work with internal stakeholders across multiple lines of business to set goals and expectations of project deliverables and track these deliverables to completion
- Monitor, manage and communicate formally and informally through established channels to stakeholders at all levels, including senior management
- Monitor and report to business partners, PMO and Steering Committee on the status of integration tasks/dependencies by function
- Provide meeting coordination and resource planning support for Functional teams and ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the tasks required of them
- Elicit business requirements by understanding business needs, communicating with business stakeholders and critically review any solutions understanding business impacts
- Represent multiple Functional areas of the business in stakeholder meetings
- Identify and escalate risks and issues as they arise and proactively report to PMO on areas of concern
- Work with Integration Functional Leads to implement corrective action should issues present themselves and inhibit achievement of project goals
- Manage project and/or program schedule for on-time implementation and reporting project status as required by integration governance
- Support functional teams by providing project management best-practices coaching, and ensuring project plans are defined and executed to achieve project goals.
- Utilize MS Office tools to ensure that all project information is documented and secured
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 5 to 7 years of proven program and project Management and analysis experience (preferably in M&A integration), driving successful projects/mergers to completion
- Ability to develop and document project plans, strong proficiency in MS Project or equivalent software
- Strong knowledge and experience with project/program management life cycle and methodology
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills and the ability engage with all business levels and IT stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to work constructively while under pressure
- A proven track record of driving complex projects with multiple stakeholders and priorities
- Strong knowledge of successful Change Management methodologies
- High attention to detail, good follow-through and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to work independently and as a team member
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Strong presentation and meeting facilitation skills
- PMP Certification or similar Project Management certification and/or Change Management certification preferred
- Media industry experience preferred
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.
For CO Applicants: This position has a minimum compensation of $96,000.