Distribution Services Representative
As the Distribution Services Representative, you will assist in the management of distribution client relationships between HBG and our client publishers. This includes working with Account Managers in the department to coordinate sales, inventory, and operational needs for clients, in addition to provide reporting and data gathering support. You will also be involved in managing client visits to our location, helping to present data, and capture action items from meeting discussions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with Account Managers to understand, predict, and fulfill client needs, as well as onboard new clients
- Responsible for communication and flow of information between distribution clients and HBG operations and sales departments (to include but not limited to: title data management, order allocation, shipping/routing, order processes, inventory, promotional offers, and sales)
- Enter and manipulate select orders
- Independently monitor and manage 15+ client publisher email inboxes (via Zendesk)
- Assist Account Managers with day to day ad hoc report requests or data requests from clients
- Act as backup to other team members as necessary
- Opportunity to take on more responsibility with specific clients
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) and collaboration skills, with the ability to work and communicate effectively with both individuals and groups, at all levels of an organization
- Strong computer skills are required (will work with Excel, PowerPoint, MicroStrategy, Zendesk)
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy in work
- Flexibility to manage varying assignments simultaneously, with the ability to effectively prioritize as needs shift
- Strong desire and willingness to learn
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.