Human Resources Assistant
SUMMARY: The HR Assistant will be responsible for general administrative support to the Indiana HR Department; including but not limited to resume sourcing, interviewing scheduling, orientation facilitation, compiling and maintain paper, digital, and electronic records, job fair representation, front desk coverage, and assisting with any other HR office tasks as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Orientation preparation/facilitation – work with the HR team to ensure conference rooms are booked and materials are up to date and ready for orientation. Facilitate weekly new hire orientations, ensuring required paperwork is received and training completed for the new hire to be processed.
- Assist in sourcing candidate (reviewing applications), schedule interviews, and processing background/drug screenings/reference checks as needed.
- Assist HR team with the recruitment/interviewing as needed.
- Responsible for HR administrative duties including but not limited to maintaining employee records, updating, and stocking employee forms in all facilities, completing reference or employment verification requests.
- Prepare all HR specific invoices for A/P submission.
- Assist in organize on site events as needed.
- Assist with HBG Indy’s social media presence.
- Gain knowledge in and act as a resource to employees on all HR programs, such as tuition reimbursement, benefits, wellness programs, etc.
- Provide coverage for the DC Receptionist as needed.
- Continuously learn the latest HR best practices to improve department efficiencies.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group settings regardless of audience.
- Must be results driven and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed.
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through.
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate.
- Proven ability to build supportive and constructive relationships within and outside of the organization; takes the lead in inspiring others to work together for mutual benefit.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
- Proven ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality as this is essential for all HR roles.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Ideal candidates will have at least an associate degree in Human Resources or Personnel Management and 2-3 years of relevant professional experience. Certified candidates a plus.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.