Administrative Assistant - Part-Time
The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing support to VP, Operations Planning & Corporate Facilities. The Administrative Assistant will work out of our New York Office and will work 21 hours per week.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Handle monthly T&E reports
- Meeting assistance including scheduling, coordinating agenda/ materials, and circulating minutes as needed
- Identify new and maintain previous relationships for book donations. This consists of assisting in boxing and shipping books for various HBG offices as well as arrange for delivery to these organizations
- Various other duties as assigned including but not limited to filing, assisting with special projects or events, etc.
- Manage database maintenance – Maintain data bases for WB Mason access, UPS access, etc. this includes adding, configuring, and deleting records supporting these support systems
- Provide analyses as needed for various reports e.g., conference room usage, office capacity, etc.
- Manages the annual employee holiday book ordering process
- Prior administrative assistance in busy executive office
- Strong interest in book publishing
- Ability to multi-task and manage tasks effectively
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and customer service skills
- Must have strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This compensation for this position is $27,000. Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills, location and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your role or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.