Demand Planning Analyst
Reporting to the VP, Supply Chain, the Demand Planning Analyst will support our inventory planners plan in forecasting our demand. This role supports our planning team by providing POS forecasting for Key Accounts by title. Additionally, this role helps support the planners by putting together the critical reporting to support HBG’s print decisions, while supporting the diverse range of authors, titles, and publishing divisions at Hachette Book Group, a leading US trade book publisher, as well as fulfillment, manufacturing, sales and warehouse operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Sr. Planners by modeling POS and updating forecasts.
- Assist Sr. Planners with Hot Title Meeting and Reprint Meeting review set up.
- Assist Sr. Planners with Overstock/Remainder/Destruct review and Returns Disposition review.
- Manage First Print Meeting agenda set up, meeting reports, and recap.
- Manage ARP reprints.
- Maintain title set up for GAP/ISP program.
- Maintain lists for account Smart Returns.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- BA/BS/MS in a quantitative field preferred but not required.
- At least 2 years background in a supply & demand planning environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods with an understanding of their financial and operational impacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively interact with various teams involved in the forecast process.
- Proven analytical skills and adeptness with analytical tools, including advanced Excel.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.