Senior Marketing Manager / Assistant Marketing Director, Algonquin Books
Location: Chapel Hill, NC, or New York, NY
Algonquin Books seeks an experienced Senior Marketing Manager or Assistant Marketing Director with expertise in title marketing and social media to join our creative, collaborative marketing team. Reporting directly to the Marketing Director, you will develop innovative, end-to-end title marketing campaigns, while guiding Algonquin’s robust social media presence. This is a great opportunity to work with a diverse list of notable authors such as Julia Alvarez, Ross Gay, Lee Smith, Rabia Chaudry, Silas House, Thirty Umrigar, Nguyễn Phan Quế Mai, and more, as well as with debut and emerging writers. Our ideal candidate will have a strong interest in a wide variety of fiction and nonfiction, excellent written and verbal communication skills, familiarity and enthusiasm for social media in the book space, superb time management and prioritization skills, and the ability to work independently and collaboratively.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and implement title-specific marketing campaigns each season, including overall strategy, advertising campaigns, promotional materials, creative partnerships, and budgets
- Utilize campaign tracking reports to provide data-driven feedback; develop cross-promotional partnerships
Manage and create Algonquin’s organic Twitter, Facebook and TikTok content, along with collaborating on our other social media platforms
- Manage and create Algonquin consumer newsletter and Algonquin Books Blog
- Develop the social media assets and/or landing pages for group campaigns (i.e. summer reading) and brands (i.e. PEN/Bellwether Prize winners)
- Engage and partner with social media influencers
- Use social platform metrics and social listening systems to create reports and perform analysis
- Stay up to date with the adult book market, along with current technologies and trends in social media and digital advertising
- Work with key stakeholders (author, agent, editorial, sales, and publicity)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of 5 years experience in trade books marketing. Experience with accessible literary fiction and narrative nonfiction a plus.
- Knowledge of the trade book marketplace
- Proficiency in content creation, strategy, and reporting for Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok
- Proficiency with Meta Advertising a plus
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a deadline-driven environment
- Creative mindset with strong collaborative and project management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in design and photography, proficiency with Canva a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Teams, MailChimp, WordPress, title management systems, and social media management platforms such as Emplifi
- Understanding of key social measurement metrics
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. There may be times that you will be required (or requested) to work overtime due to the nature of your roll or exceptional workload issues or special projects. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.