Summer 2020 Royalty Intern - Boston, MA
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students and recent graduates interested in a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest. What you will learn:
As an HBG Royalty Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings. To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
- Review statements from a variety of our systems to ensure the accuracy of our data
- Assist the Royalty Director and other team members with administrative duties
- Work as a liaison for authors, editors and agencies.
- Responsible for auditing and posting incoming sub right income
- Track and pay contractual obligations to author clients.
- Validate monthly financial data for month-end general ledger reporting.
- A rising junior or senior, pursuing a degree in, business, finance, or accounting
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Enthusiastic and excited about discussing recent books you’ve read
- Possess a great attitude and a desire to learn as well as excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and contribute insights
- Resourceful with the ability to balance multiple responsibilities and work independently
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
How to apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter. Please note that you are responsible for your own housing during the duration of the internship.