Hachette Book Group seeks a hands-on solution architect to support Hachette Book Group’s implementation of a new ERP system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The software architect will be a member of multiple project teams and will analyze existing systems and data, to understand “As-Is” functionality, as well as to identify any data quality issues and to prepare extracts and transformations for data conversions. The solution architect
will be an active participant in the solution architecture design process, and will be responsible for creating and maintaining solution intent documentation, in collaboration with product managers, engineers and QA testers.
The architect is responsible for the following:
• Engaging with external consultants and HBG IT Products staff to advocate for sound architectural decisions that adhere to HBG standards.
• Maintaining application topology diagram showing dependencies and interfaces with other systems.
• Maintaining integration inventory that captures all inbound and outbound interfaces.
• Owns solution intent documentation for assigned projects that are part of the ERP program, captured in Confluence, JIRA and Microsoft teams
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Experience with ERP systems required. Experience with the following platforms preferred: Oracle Cloud, OIC, Informatica.
- SQL experience required; PL-SQL experience preferred. Should be able to perform complex queries required to analyse, evaluate and extract data in support of data conversion activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create diagrams and visual models that communicate information clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience, with 5+ years of directly relevant experience required.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.