Sales Assistant, Client Services
The Assistant will support client sales department and the expanding sales efforts of our various clients. The assistant will run and review reports, prepare sales materials for sales representatives, update and ensure accuracy of title information in company and industry databases and provide occasional support on publicity efforts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Sales reporting including but not limited to backorder reports, sales estimation, account / channel sales, inventory updates.
- Assist with client comp title loading in systems and review of title proposals.
- Liaise with the client team to help establish new and backlist title promotions, themed omnibus for Edelweiss, and key focus titles by channel.
- Create reports from SalesTracker and analyze sales data using advanced Excel functions.
- Maintain accurate title information in company databases (TM, Vault, OTC, SalesTracker) and metadata in industry feeds (Edelweiss, Eloquence, Onix).
- Assist with rep and publicity mailings, research, database maintenance, and coverage.
- Provide updated information for the weekly ‘change memo’ (updated pub dates, prices, publicity information etc.).
- Assist client services team with meeting preparation and title data analysis.
- Create and coordinate seasonal marketing and sales material including fact sheets, presentations, sell sheets, author event grids, promotional grids, sell-in sheets for drop in titles, backlist promotions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- One to two years sales &/or book industry experience is preferred.
- Must be extremely proficient in Excel (V Lookup) PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Able to multi task, complete projects in a timely fashion, and meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player eager to provide support for multiple projects as needed.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.