Night Picking Associate
SUMMARY: To cut cartons, replenish to pick face locations, and label and locate pick cartons for customer fulfillment. May fill customer loose book orders in open carton/conveyor environment, using Pick-To-Voice technology, WMT technology and RF units.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Productivity—maintain the goals set by Picking Supervisor to achieve 1-day turnaround of all orders;
- Accuracy/Quality—master PTV picking technology, WMT technology and stay attentive to issues of customer satisfaction;
- Communication—must report all system problems, damages and errors found to Coordinator, Lead or Supervisor;
- Teamwork/Flexibility—may work in groups with the Coordinator to shift into unfinished tasks throughout the warehouse; Special projects as assigned.
- Reliability—must be dependable in working established shift schedules.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Replenishment of Product to Flow Bay and shelf locations: This involves loading into specified locations using an RF unit. Some location can be located at the height of 6 ft and weighting up to 50 lbs.
Replenishment Cutting Area: This involves loading and sorting cartons from a conveyor system onto pallets for drop zone delivery. Cartons can weigh up to 50 lbs. and may have to be carried a distance of 75 ft.
Carousel Replenishment: This involves loading loose pieces of product into locations using the assistance of portable stairs or ladder to the height of 4 ft.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Ability to work both independently and with groups in a productive and consistent manner.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a repetitive motion for extended hours.
- Ability to understand WMS and WMT technologies and follow instructions.
- Experience with Pick-To-Voice technology helpful.
- Ability to lift and carry cartons weighing up to 50 pounds; up to 8 hours a day.
- Climb stairs or ladder to a height of 4 ft. repeatedly for extended hours
- Ability to stand on concrete for 8 hours/day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: At least a high school diploma or equivalent. Grade school reading level.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.