Telephone Sales Representative-Boston based
The Sales Representative will be responsible for selling Hachette Book Group and Client publisher titles to a national telephone sales territory of independent bookstores and wholesale accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Will present and sell new and backlist titles during sales appointments which require preparation and follow-up. Sales appointments will be via phone with limited in-person calls, as needed.
• Manage relationships with established accounts and develop new accounts.
• Keep accounts informed about changes to the list, special offers and publicity, assist accounts with promotions and coop advertising, and other efforts to provide excellent service to booksellers.
• Generate regular feedback on titles, promotions and sales
• Responsible for achieving individual and company budget goals and increasing territory net sales.
• Responsible for sales estimates on specific titles, sales analysis, and sales reporting.
• Will act on behalf of accounts with other internal departments, such as Marketing, Publicity, Customer Financial Services, etc., while maintaining company policies
• Collaborate with field and phone sales colleagues on projects as needed
• Will attend meetings live and via web-ex, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• 3 years of trade publishing and/or sales experience.
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills (both oral and written) and an excellent telephone manner, with an interest and ability in talking about books.
• Must have strong organizational skills, be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, and be able to work independently.
• Customer care, professionalism, willingness to see all issues through, and attention to detail are essential.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and be able to participate as a team member in a small department.
• Comfortable with limited car and air travel
• Enthusiasm for books and pre-publication reading a must.
• PC skills using Microsoft Word and Excel required. Familiarity with Edelweiss required
Please note-Position is office-based in Hachette’s Boston office.