Assistant Sales Manager/Sales Manager, James Patterson Books
Hachette Book Group is seeking a creative, team-oriented Assistant Sales Manager/Sales Manager for the James Patterson business. This role will act as the point-person for the Patterson sales program internally with key stakeholders and externally with the bestselling author James Patterson, JIMMY imprint authors, and agents. Together with the Patterson publishing team and sales department, the Assistant Sales Manager/Sales Manager will set goals and drive growth for the James Patterson publishing program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with sales reps from all channels to design innovative in-store and online promotions for both frontlist and backlist across all categories and formats.
- Budget all James Patterson and JIMMY titles; monitor sell-in and sell-through; provide weekly detailed reporting and sales analytics to publishing, sales, and author on all new releases and major retail promotions.
- Liaise with the James Patterson/JIMMY editorial, marketing, and publicity teams and sales on new release campaigns and backlist opportunities.
- Consult author on sales-related items as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- At least 3 years’ experience in book publishing; national accounts experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel; strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred