8a PC Shipping Associate II
Shift is 8-4:30p
SUMMARY: Assemble and assure all orders to be shipped are accurate, intact, have proper paperwork attached, and are sent via the appropriate carrier.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Get customers orders together by inducting freight into the system (throwing cops and bops), pulling fops and scanning cartons to the appropriate dock spot.
- Scan bags and non-conveyable cartons.
- Check drivers in as assigned.
- Assign doors for trailers to be loaded as assigned.
- Wrap and restage completed dock pallets.
- Deliver completed pallets to correct lanes.
- Load trucks with directions from Supervisor or Lead.
- Communication – must report all problems to supervisor and or Lead.
- Sweep and clean the full case area once all cartons are thrown.
- Set up the next day’s dock spots with pallets and dock spot sheets.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: N/A
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Physically challenging-ability to lift up to 50 lbs. For extended hours.
- Ability to operate Walkie Riders, and counterbalance trucks.
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a team environment.
- Math skills-High school level.
- Good communication skills.
- Proven work ethic.
- Good Attendance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least a high school diploma or equivalent.