Trade Sales Account Marketing Coordinator
The Trade Sales Account Marketing Coordinator is responsible for assisting trade sales marketing efforts of book sales across multiple HBG imprints. This role facilitates efforts to maximize sales and marketing promotions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate logistics and scheduling for Regional Shows/Conferences and industry events such as American Booksellers Association Institutes
- Create materials such as digital catalogs and digital graphic assets using Wordpress and Adobe Creative Suite; write pitch letters
- Track seasonal sales promotions in a database
- Assist in planning sales meetings, conferences, presentations and an annual book club event in a hybrid work environment
- Serve as an account marketing liaison between the Sales Department and two HBG imprints
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 1 - 2 years of Publishing and/or Trade Marketing experience preferred
- Requires a well-organized individual who is capable of juggling many different projects at one time
- Candidate must have strong communication (verbal and written), presentation and relationship-building skills and the aptitude to communicate effectively in both individual and group to a variety of audiences
- Must be results driven, and take appropriate steps to achieve goals while taking ownership of situations as needed
- Proven ability to deliver timely, accurate work product and demonstrate good follow up and follow through
- Drives change and innovation by improving work product or process, and challenges established norms where appropriate
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
- Proficiency in MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite, and familiarity with Edelweiss and WordPress a plus
- Operates ethically: admits mistakes, treats others with respect, trust, and dignity, demonstrates honest and ethical behavior, and follows through on commitments and agreements
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.