Senior Editor, Hachette Go
Do you get excited by new paradigms that solve problems in your life? Do you love books that help people make positive changes? Are you always on the lookout for new trends in wellness, productivity, and psychology, including ways that people are accessing this information? Are you interested in considering new ways to approach the traditional publishing business?
The Senior Editor will acquire and publish books for Hachette Go, an imprint committed to books that help you change your life, in the core categories of health, inspiration, food, self-help, psychology, and work. Hachette Go is an imprint of Hachette Books. This position is based in New York.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acquire and develop platform-driven, quality commercial projects from a variety of sources
- Pursue and publish books with a long-term vision, seeking backlist potential
- Publish approximately 12 books per year
- Work with an entrepreneurial spirit, pursuing ideas for book projects, as well as innovative ways to publish
- Drive backlist development
- Assist in developing marketing plans for titles, in collaboration with marketing and publicity teams
- Negotiate deals, oversee creation of P&Ls, fact sheets, catalog and flap copy
- Assist in achieving imprint profit goals
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Substantial publishing editorial experience with a focus on prescriptive nonfiction
- Proven ability to identify and publish commercial prescriptive nonfiction
- Ability to identify new talent
- Demonstrated understanding of and an appreciation for the ideas of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with authors, agents, and HBG staff
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills, strong initiative and judgement
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary can vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability coverage, 401(k), incentive plan eligibility, educational training opportunities and more.