Summer 2023 Finance Intern
Hachette Book Group’s summer internship program offers individuals an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest. To learn more about the company, visit our career site: https://www.hachettebookgroup.com/about/careers/
Program dates: June 5th – August 11th (10 weeks)
Location: ON-SITE: This position will be based in our NY office on a two-day per week hybrid schedule. Company laptop will be provided for the duration of the program.
Weekly schedule: 28 hours per week, Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm
Pay rate: $15/hour
As an HBG Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings.
To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Who you are:
- Interest in Accounting or Finance
- Must have a keen attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong administrative, follow up and organizational skills a must
- Proficiency with MS Office, including Excel (knowledge of basic formulas, lookup functions, pivot tables)
- Strong attention to detail
What you will learn:
- General P&L statements using gross profit and advance allocation systems for title and author analysis
- Assist in preparing major title acquisition reports, author sharing statements, and new release schedules for month-end close
- Responsible for maintaining databases including monthly acquisition analysis, post pub requests, and profit sharing summaries
- Internal daily sales reporting for distribution clients
- Generate ad-hoc reports
How to apply:
In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume and cover letter.
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.