Publicity & Marketing Assistant, Twelve, Grand Central Publishing
***PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS AN IMMEDIATE OPENING.***
Twelve, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing (a division of Hachette Book Group) is seeking a Publicity & Marketing Assistant to work closely with the Director of Publicity on a diverse mix of high-profile nonfiction titles in a dynamic, fast-paced role. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated candidate to engage in building author tours, publicizing a wide range of major titles, utilizing social media to target readers, and creating content to enhance and drive traffic to earned media placements. The assistant will also serve as liaison between the division and all types of media, bookstores, and high-profile authors and literary agents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support Director of Publicity on a wide range of books by prominent authors
- Write press releases, pitch emails, create press kits, pull media lists.
- Organize author tours and events, book travel/accommodations, maintain tour itineraries, and conduct appropriate follow-up.
- Engage readers through the imprint’s social media channels and help coordinate imprint consumer, account, and industry marketing efforts.
- Utilize marketing assets to drive readers to earned media hits.
- Serve as a liaison between the division and all types of media, bookstores, and other in-house departments – e.g., editorial, marketing, sales, etc.
- Develop and maintain relationships with broadcast, print and online media to secure coverage.
- Communicate with high profile authors and literary agents.
- General administrative responsibilities include: mailing books, answering telephones, photocopying, filing, distributing in-house materials, appropriately handling invoices, and maintaining publicity databases.
- Format and send daily internal email announcement of publicity successes (Hot Books).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Interest in book publishing is essential – publishing experience or internships preferred
- College degree preferred
- Superb verbal and written communication skills and knowledge of the media are paramount.
- Excellent computer skills, including familiarity with MS Word and Excel necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and attend to details in a fast-paced environment, and determine priorities, while staying organized, are also essential.