Summer 2020 Finance Intern
Hachette Book Group offers paid summer internships to students interested in exploring a career in book publishing. Our summer internship program, which runs from June 1st – August 7th and allows interns to work 28 hours per week, offers students an opportunity to learn about the publishing industry and explore an area of interest.
As an HBG Finance Intern, you will have the opportunity to work closely with seasoned professionals and gain hands-on professional experience as you own day-to-day tasks, help with special projects, and attend departmental meetings. To enhance your work experience, we offer educational sessions featuring speakers from all departments of the company as well as networking and career development opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Highly proficient in Excel (including vlookup and pivot tables) and PowerPoint
- Candidate must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Business, preferably Finance
- Must have a keen attention to detail in a deadline-driven environment with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong administrative, follow up, and organizational skills a must
- Assist in completion of quarterly packages across all publishers including analysis of top titles, top accounts, backlist sales, and inventory
- Generate P&L statements using gross profit and advance allocation systems for title and author analysis
- Assist in preparing major title acquisition reports, author profit sharing statements, and new release schedules for month-end close
- Responsible for maintaining databases including monthly acquisition analysis, bi-weekly sales files, and profit sharing summaries
- Generate ad-hoc reports